We want to help you Obsidian we give a lot of money so this project was complete so give as the silver and gold( and above) players to see the real game sooner so there we less bugs ye we know you want to be fair but if your game is buggy again then it is only your fault we need to see Stronghold companions and other things.

So really you don't want to Beta-test and assist, just play the game sooner.

Noted...

• Like 4

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So really you don't want to Beta-test and assist, just play the game sooner.

Noted...

Shh..Dont upset the master. We are different class :woot:

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

They have been very clear from the beginning what our support of the game would provide us and them, I think. I don't feel entitled to anything more. In fact, I'm sorry I could not have assisted them more during this time and applaud those that have.

No thank you, i'd much rather play the finished product.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

To be fair. I sort of assumed being at "early access beta key" backer tier meant getting early access to the beta of the game,

not getting early access to a beta of a demo.

I'm not miffed myself, it seems I wont manage to try the demo before the game is out anyway.

But I can see how someone would be upset with the "oh, you thought you'd be getting an early access to the game?! We never said it'd be for the game!!"

• Like 1

To be fair. I sort of assumed being at "early access beta key" backer tier meant getting early access to the beta of the game,

I'm not miffed myself, it seems I wont manage to try the demo before the game is out anyway.

But I can see how someone would be upset with the "oh, you thought you'd be getting an early access to the game?! We never said it'd be for the game!!"

If anything that reads to me as though there was a chance other people would get access to the beta and keyholders simply got access to the beta earliest. 

We want to help you Obsidian we give a lot of money so this project was complete so give as the silver and gold( and above) players to see the real game sooner so there we less bugs ye we know you want to be fair but if your game is buggy again then it is only your fault we need to see Stronghold companions and other things.

Lets do as he says, but only for gold and above. That would be fine with the op, right? :shifty:

• Like 2

I don't see what's wrong with the vertical slice we were provided. It shows off the gameplay and quest systems, allows for general bug- and play-testing, and it let Obsidian pick a portion of the game that didn't have too much main plotline, which is really important because I'm sure a lot of the people testing the beta would be reluctant to do so if they thought it would spoil the final product.

Not to mention that if we had to wait for the whole game to be in a playable state we probably wouldn't have seen the beta available as early as we did.

I can't imagine a game like Baldur's Gate being made in today's marketplace with Kickstarter and Early Access games. For every sensible backer in this thread, there's another clueless berk like the OP who doesn't know the difference between alpha, beta, demo, etc. My faith in humanity only keeps slipping each time I turn on the internet.

• Like 2

you know initially I kinda thought like the OP that they should open it to backers at say silver level or more for testing, but then I thought how hard it would be to track so many thousands of bugs, and it would be insane to keep up, and the game would be delayed for another year. I think they have enough folks internally, and externally testing it now. The main bug I see keep cropping up is somehow related to save and loading in various ways which is causing a lot of issues. If that hadn't come up I think they'd be much further along in balancing and polish. However it sound's like they're moving along pretty decently at this rate. I expect them to be at gold in about 4-5 weeks.

However it sound's like they're moving along pretty decently at this rate. I expect them to be at gold in about 4-5 weeks.

They rather have to be since they've committed to a late march release date.  Seems cutting it overly fine to me.

However it sound's like they're moving along pretty decently at this rate. I expect them to be at gold in about 4-5 weeks.

They rather have to be since they've committed to a late march release date.  Seems cutting it overly fine to me.

Welcome to game development! Those day 1 patches you see is the constant QA testing at work. Regardless whether good or bad, that's the reality.

• Like 1

Well that's the catch 22.  The gameplay is all about mechanics.  You don't actually need full access to the game to test them and give opinions on gameplay elements etc.

Well that's the catch 22.  The gameplay is all about mechanics.  You don't actually need full access to the game to test them and give opinions on gameplay elements etc.

I've played RPG's where quests break down if you do stuff in wrong order, or do something unexpected. (Fallout 2, Kotor 2).

The kind of stuff an extra thousand playthroughs might have spotted.

Play mechanics I'd expect them to get sorted out by themselves.

It's the difference between trying out a new mechanic in vertical slice, which takes an hour,

vs playing the full game with different characters, making different choices, for a thousand times, which takes one hundred thousand hours.

But it's all the fun doing crazy stuff and then reading this in a changelog;

- Fixed Evil Invasion sending you a PM if you place Pimp-Jojo's spyware device on the WC server in the WC storyline (what the ****, you guys? icon_razz.gif)

:biggrin:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

My faith in humanity only keeps slipping each time I turn on the internet.

Your faith in humanity is still greater than 0?! o_O

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u