[435] Return of the v278 Invisible Stone Beetle

Sensuki

Question

Similar to this thread from v278: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68262-v278invisible-stone-beetle/

This Stone Beetle became unselectable and stuck inside it's burrow.

I believe I caused this by knocking the Stone Beetle down or interrupting it on it's burrow hit frame or something.

output_log.zip

Edited by Sensuki

4 answers to this question

Just reproduced it, it is caused by casting Knock Down on a Stone Beetle during their Burrow animation, I hit the Stone Beetle as they were burrowing up from the ground (rather than down) and that caused their model to disappear and become untargetable.

• Like 1

I haven't been able to time it to the burrowing up but I can consistently reproduce it on the burrowing down animation. It doesn't work with "Searing Seal", I suspect, because as a trap it only triggers after the animation is finished and the beetle is considered "active" again.

Just reproduced it, it is caused by casting Knock Down on a Stone Beetle during their Burrow animation, I hit the Stone Beetle as they were burrowing up from the ground (rather than down) and that caused their model to disappear and become untargetable.

Just reproduced this too.  Cannot attack the beetle but it can attack my party, wiped.