What's the expected level cap in this game?

Is experience split among party members, or does everyone receive a fixed amount for a given encounter/quest? In other words, would a player attempting to solo/duo the game (is it doable?) hit the level cap much faster than a full team? Further, after reading a post that suggested that a great deal of the game's content was actually optional/side questing, will the average player hit lvl 12 before the endgame? How much side-content is necessary to play (on the basis that the amount of XP in the game is finite) to hit the cap?

I know Obsidian have *at least* one expansion planned so it's entirely possible that it will increase the cap and offer more adventures for a PC/party that has finished the main game.

Curious since you reach Dyrford in the Backer Beta at lv. 4, and dev's have said that is mid game, which is a bit worrisome to me. 

Why?

I've always been curious as to why people think low levels means a short game? 

I will admit that one downside to low level caps is that you quickly hit a point where personal improvement comes to a halt.

I really liked how New Vegas did it because it was a setup where you would feasibly continue to level up until the game was completed. Granted, they could've tweaked some things for better balance (obviously no long-term planning went into how many skill points you'd get from level 50), but I simply enjoy feeling progress whenever I play, and at a reasonably fast pace.

Too slow or too quick to cap and I get a little bored and anxious to just reroll a new character. I like seeing constant improvement gradually over time, even if just a little bit. Infact of course it's worth mentioning that too much improvement too quick is also a no-no as it leads to bland, same-y characters.

But yeah there's nothing inheritly wrong with low caps or high caps or anything. It's all about execution.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?