[435] Save/Load Issues w/ Difficulty Levels

Litany

Question

Windows version.

[Description of the issue]

If I load a saved game directly from a save file that is on Path of the Damned difficulty, whatever game save I load is now locked to Path of the Damned difficulty.

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

1) Load a game that is set to Path of the Damned difficulty.

2) Open the menu and load a different character save that is set to another difficulty.

3) Whatever save you load will show its difficulty as being set to Path of the Damned.
4.) Saving the game and loading or quitting to the main menu and loading from there fixes the issue.

[Expected behaviour]

The game should load the appropriate difficulty level for the save file.

[Other remarks / Comments]

Expert mode persists in the same way, but the expert mode option is greyed out and can't be disabled in the loaded save.

I haven't checked if it's ACTUALLY set to Path of the Damned or if the menu just displays it as such. Expert mode was definitely enabled though.

Edit: On further testing Expert Mode has infected all of my saves with no way to disable it. I don't see any targeting information or health pop-ups over enemies on ANY of my characters. This is something like six separate characters.

Edit: Ok, I see what happened. The game just disabled all of the helper options because it thought I was on Expert Mode, so I had to manually re-enable them through the main menu. Still annoying.

Edited by Litany

3 answers to this question

Expert mode can be disabled, but you can't re-enable it if you turn it off.

Edit: Is how it's supposed to work. But with this bug, my non-expert mode character gets stuck with expert mode and no way to disable it at all, apparently.

Edit: See above; because I had an expert mode character, I had to manually re-enable all of the helper options (AOE markers, health pop-ups, etc) through the menu for my non-expert mode characters.

Edited by Litany