huge disappointment

I feel badly, since the OP is genuinely suffering, but I may not stop laughing until Saturday.

The best part is the ending where he apologises if he offended anyone, when in reality the only thing he offended was all dictionaries everywhere.

t50aJUd.jpg

3 - 5. Wizards spells may be do bit too little of damage, but most of your issues seems to come out from that you don't know how to properly target AoE spells, which is probably because there is no tutorial in beta and you haven't accustomed to offensive spells that also can hit on your own party members. 

If you ever played BG this was the same - the use of Fireball was actually quite limited, as although a powerful spell, it was very easy to burn you own party to a crisp, but there were other spells you could use (e.g. Magic Missile) that although on paper weaker, avoided this problem - I presume Pillars of Eternity also has a mix of types of offensive spell, for different situations - I've not played it enough to know yet, though

i dont explain myself well ... sorry my english is too bad.

in the fight i find a oportunity to give the order to my mage to send a fireball to a enemy who was in a medium range and instead start spelling and send the fireball my mage

runs to the enemy and puts in front of him and starts spelling the fireball. he die in two rounds. and this happens twice. a bug? an poor range of the spells? maybe.

im using wrong the spell? thats why i put my questions to find the answers.

I feel badly, since the OP is genuinely suffering, but I may not stop laughing until Saturday.

The best part is the ending where he apologises if he offended anyone, when in reality the only thing he offended was all dictionaries everywhere.

only the english... but in spain we are accustomed to offend dictionaries. and ... where are you....The scanian flatlands?   sure, the defender of english language.

for me the rest of the speech en español a lo mejor me entiendes mejor ya que tu lo sabes todo.

¿un ilustrado defensor de la lengua inglesa no tendra ningun problema con el español? o si. siempre tiene que haber un listillo.

por que sera que los mas necios son los que mas desprecian los intentos de otra gente de hablar otro idioma que no es el suyo.

Deberian agradecer el intento y no reirse de los demas. pero alguien de las scanian flatlands que no aparece ni en google no deberia ser tan arrogante.

translate google. smartguy.

English is not everyone's native language, you know. I agree with some of the OP's points, most of spells do have very short range, and it's actually difficult to cast anything without being irritated. Combat feels clunky because of that.

Google Translate is available everywhere, but honestly, native language or not, I doubt it would've looked better in Spanish. There's no hope for anyone that butchers paragraphs like this, no matter the mother tongue.

t50aJUd.jpg

Archer's godly accuracy vs mage's friendly fire management is actually  a valid statement. Can't agree more with the OP.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but the damage spells are very similar to the IE games. Some are targeted and some are area of effect. The AoE spells can hit your party members while the targeted spells will not.

There are differences from the IE games in PoE, but this is not one of them (there's a difference in that targeted sells can miss, but that wasn't the issue). Wouldn't you have expected them to work this way when you backed the game?