huge disappointment

I'm disappointed this game is a failure.

normally i send a email to the developers to tell them my complaints but im so angry about the .... everything....

1º the group i want to create my own group not a premade group.

2º the movement they are dumb.... its almost impossible to reach a location with a good formation.

3º the useless dumb mage..... i spell a lighting and hits in every friend and the enemy still intact.....

i spell a fireball but the enemy aproach pass through the fireball and no damage.... explode in the floor 

most of the time the mage is the worst from his own mates.... if you want to end the fight use a spell is SLOW

and almost 90% will damage one of your friends.

sometimes i see the enemy and they dont see me and i think well its time for a fireball and instead send the

fireball, the mage aproach to the enemy and stand in close range to drop the fireball. GOOD JOB.

the friend fire is very exasperating ups sorry I have set fire on you.... my fault. sorry i kill you again.... sooorry.
in this game you have more chances to be kill by your own mage than the enemy.... wonderful.

4º the mage dont have aiming but the archer does.... GOOD JOB. she can shoot arrows through the friends and

hit only in the enemy..... the mages have a bad  aiming and the archer not?

5º i have to put the mages in the front of the group to avoid the friend fire. its like i put the archer in front of an army

because they dont reach the enemy in a medium and close range..... GOOD JOB.

6º the priest for what.... i dont find any healing spells.....

please dont reinvent the WHEEL ..... dont work.they loose stamina and life? what? stop that.

i dont know who think the combat system but please FIRE THEM. they are like mages.... useless.

7º the experience is poor. and level up is very boring. only finish quest give you xp enough. and kill and survive ... no.... why?  GOOD very

GOOD. its always more rewarding to help somebody than survive in a fight ... your own life is useless but help another guy its more important.

maybe its because im from spain but i feel more reward in survive than help others. maybe its me but if i fight with a lion and survive i feel that

is more important. i dont care to help others. i feel my life its more important. the others problems.... are less important.

i feel the reward system is wrong. its always more important for xp survive in a fight.

sorry if i offend somebody but i  expected something better. from obsidian.

what happen to you? why this?

• Like 2

Regardless of the tone of the post, and the fact that some of the complaints are simply because of lack of familiarity with 'the way things are done', in this game - such as how to properly target spells and such, there are a few legitimate complaints in there.

I made a suggestion to improve ray/cone spell casting but I'm not sure if they'll have time to do it before release, and I do think that the range of some spells could be increased.

• Like 1

4º the mage dont have aiming but the archer does.... GOOD JOB. she can shoot arrows through the friends and

hit only in the enemy..... the mages have a bad  aiming and the archer not?

Not gonna lie... this made me laugh.

• Like 5

Regardless of the tone of the post, and the fact that some of the complaints are simply because of lack of familiarity with 'the way things are done', in this game - such as how to properly target spells and such, there are a few legitimate complaints in there.

I made a suggestion to improve ray/cone spell casting but I'm not sure if they'll have time to do it before release, and I do think that the range of some spells could be increased.

The only points that are legitimate can ultimately be 'fixed' with balancing tweaks and further testing. The rest is just immature ranting and a lack of understanding of game mechanics. It hardly warrants a fresh thread, however, I have risen to the bait  :getlost:

Edited by BlueLion

1. There is no premade party in the game, although in backer beta you get four premade party members in start so that you can test larger range of classes and their abilities and spells. You can build custom party in adventure halls/inns where you can hire custom party member. In actual game you can also take premade characters (known as companions) as your party members, but that is not forced in anyway (although in beginning of game there maybe short period when you need to have couple premade characters in your party as it work as tutorial section for the game)

2. I agree that there is currently issues in character pathfinding that causes issues that you describe and some other problems, hopefully all or most of them are sorted out before actual launch of the game.

3 - 5. Wizards spells may be do bit too little of damage, but most of your issues seems to come out from that you don't know how to properly target AoE spells, which is probably because there is no tutorial in beta and you haven't accustomed to offensive spells that also can hit on your own party members. Bows, spell and other ranged attacks have their range limited because of several game technical issues which would cause ranged attacks be too powerful if they have longer range, although I think that they dropped ranges maybe bit too much, from what they were in first backer beta release. And I would also point out that wizards have spells that target in single targets which can't hit other targets and so work like archers arrows when we speak about aiming :).

6. Priest have healing spells, although their and other healing spells and abilities are limited to recover stamina, and health which is strategic resource in this game can only get back by resting. They have given explanation for this system several times during and after kickstarter campaign. It is feature that some people don't like and some like, but nevertheless it is something that I would think that high tier backer like you should have been aware for long time now and it should not had come as surprise.

7. Decision to go with mainly quest/objective based XP has caused lots of argumentation in these forums in past two years, in so much that they added system that gives XP from killing critters in limited scope. They have also given several times explanation why did they decided to go with mainly quest/objective based xp system (in short: better control over how much xp is given in game, stop rewarding players doing things that they don't feel that should be rewarded with xp, they like more this kind rewarding).

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 2

health which is strategic resource in this game can only get back by resting. 

It's not the "only" method:

If everyone in your party picked up Field Triage and Bind Wound... That would be a base of 1020 Health Restoration per rest.

Edited by Bazy
  • Like 1

If everyone in your party picked up Field Triage and Bind Wound... That would be a base of 1020 Health Restoration per rest.

Can you clarify this? I thought resting was one stop shopping for all that ill's you: return to full Health, cure your maimings and reset abilities and spells. Why would there be skills / abilities that add on to the amount of Health recovered while resting?

Can you clarify this? I thought resting was one stop shopping for all that ill's you: return to full Health, cure your maimings and reset abilities and spells. Why would there be skills / abilities that add on to the amount of Health recovered while resting?

They are "per rest" abilities, not "while resting"

Edited by Bazy
  • Like 1

normally i send a email to the developers to tell them my complaints but im so angry about the .... everything....

Actually I'm the opposite, I'm hoping it's going to be more like BG where (although there way ways around this) you had to pick up NPCs, all with their own personality and story. This was one of the reasons I didn't like IWD, as you had to create your whole party (and there was no inter-party interaction) - it takes me long enough to decide how I want my main PC to be, never mind 6!

Is Pillars of Eternity going to be more like BG in this regard? Sorry, I haven't been reading the Dev diaries, if this has already been stated

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

3 - 5. Wizards spells may be do bit too little of damage, but most of your issues seems to come out from that you don't know how to properly target AoE spells, which is probably because there is no tutorial in beta and you haven't accustomed to offensive spells that also can hit on your own party members. 

If you ever played BG this was the same - the use of Fireball was actually quite limited, as although a powerful spell, it was very easy to burn you own party to a crisp, but there were other spells you could use (e.g. Magic Missile) that although on paper weaker, avoided this problem - I presume Pillars of Eternity also has a mix of types of offensive spell, for different situations - I've not played it enough to know yet, though

• Like 1

Actually I'm the opposite, I'm hoping it's going to be more like BG where (although there way ways around this) you had to pick up NPCs, all with their own personality and story. This was one of the reasons I didn't like IWD, as you had to create your whole party (and there was no inter-party interaction) - it takes me long enough to decide how I want my main PC to be, never mind 6!

Is Pillars of Eternity going to be more like BG in this regard? Sorry, I haven't been reading the Dev diaries, if this has already been stated

There are 8 known companions that you will encounter, and have the opportunity to recruit, over the course of the game.

• Like 1

There are 8 known companions that you will encounter, and have the opportunity to recruit, over the course of the game.

So it sounds like the rogue build I'm starting to think about won't be duplicated through the available companions, which is potentially good

Actually I'm the opposite, I'm hoping it's going to be more like BG where (although there way ways around this) you had to pick up NPCs, all with their own personality and story. ...

You create one character, like in BG 1/2, and have the option of:

- picking up companions

- hiring (create) other party members at inns for money

It's the best of both worlds, the amalgamation of the BG and the IWD approach.

Edited by Endrosz
  • Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Expect to see a lot more of these types of rants especially from the average user....

Pretty much the bed they made and a lot of his points are valid but yea won't get taken seriously because it was too ranty....more will come just wait until the masses get a hold of some of these decisions that were made in the game.

At least we have Sensuki/Bester.

Edited by GreyFox
  • Like 2

I feel like most of the complaints come from the fact that we have to learn the game with a big, leveled group. It felt overwhelming for me trying to play, reading all the skills and trying to figure how to play when everything happens so fast. I'm quite confident the learning curve will be much easier when it's released.

huge disappointment

That's what she said.

It is "both"; there's (a measly) 8 CNPC:s that you can recruit as you travel, or you can choose to create soulless automatons at the Adventurer's Hall in exchange for gold.

I think the intent is to have it be more like BG1 than IWD/2, with the Adventurer's Hall there to placate those that want to create their own full group and act as an excuse whenever someone brings up the fact that there's only 8 CNPC:s in the entire game and virtually no wiggle room for roleplay in terms of party makeup.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Archer's godly accuracy vs mage's friendly fire management is actually  a valid statement. Can't agree more with the OP.

• Like 5

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

education, be polite.

really? personal insults? maybe you can learn respect.

maybe im wrong and the game is the better....(has potencial) its a matter of taste. but i dont need people making this personal.

please dont write nothing  if you are going to be polite. dont waste your time.

if you say im wrong ok maybe.... but if somebody say these things in my face.... well, you dont say that in the face of somebody.

Why do you do in internet?

Mr BlueLion maybe in your country dont know the meaning of democracy but respect the others oppions is the base of a democracy.

and im not "I have risen to the bait" its my opinion. not a bait to lure you. special you. please do not enter more. go to elsewhere.

maybe go to a bar and insult people....

Mr Bazy a guy o girl with that name should not laugh. maybe a silent will be better.

mr Quadrone for a German you are very rude. diarrhea? no a good answer. or polite. if you dont like, you dont have to answer. spare me your nazi education.

Mrs ManifestedISO for me not stop laughing ever.... for a nortamerican California  you need something to laugh.... because your country is the reason for millions of deads

in all the world.... you need laugh. erasing countries for oil. make fake excuses to destroy another more. and make a fake partisan warfare in the congo to stolen coltran.

and rare earth. you need to laguh more.

if my stupids questions make you laugh your country makes me sad. and ill. the 1º democracy yeah. it hurts.... doesnt it? be careful to laugh because

everybody has shame of something. be polite.

to the people who refute my opinions with logic and polite answers. thanks.  it helps a lot.

special to elerond to answer and refute my opinions. thanks.

the others... well im sorry for them if your mother dont teach you...im not going to do her job.

P.d normally i dont use internet because the people are too brave and too arrogant in the web and not in the real life. i think you should do the same in the web than the real

life. i dont go to a guy o girl and say you are "sound like a whining, entitled child."  its rude and i will have trouble.

i put this opinion in the web because i feel disappointed with the engine and the fight. and the mage was a dead weight. for an rpg its very rare.

maybe they are trying to make a new rules but without them i feel the game incomplete and i feel uncomfortable with the game.

Maybe my opinons are not the best or the smartest but they are my opinions and i deserve the same respect as anybody.

a silver backer why is so important if im a silver backer ..... well im a silver backer because i put more money in this game, ok? 180$ ok.

because i trust in obsidian and i feel this will be the badurs gate 3 in spirit. im a backer of 43 games... some a sucess and some a failure. it happens.

i think if you want a good rpg game you have to be a backer to help the developers. sometimes it goes well and the game its a sucess like wasteland 2 and other

times... well, dont go so well. but but would do it again.  im a true beliver of kickstarter and indiegogo.

not a beliver in the forums and opinions.

• Like 1