I know you can play the game in several languages.

I have 2 questions:

- If I understand the screenshots correctly you can change the language any time in the in game menu. Is that true?

- I am from germany. Does the beta exist in different languages and are the translations good?

Since my bad experiance with Oblivion, I played most games in english unless they were developed in germany.

In the german version of Oblivion there was:

- a healing spell named "fireball"

- item name "TrdschwH" ( means "Trank der schwachen Heilung" (Potion of minor Healing))

- sometimes written and/or spoken dialogue was randomly english or german or both combined

- somebody said that in the french version "trap door" was translated with whatever "trapped door" means in french.

I work in a university so I speak english very often, but we don´t have a native english speaker in our group.

My experiance is, that almost everyone from scandinavia speaks perfect english and I understand every word (I was on vacation in Norway)

but when I hear a native english speaker I hardly understand anything.

In games I understand most things, but I am sure I miss alot, especially when it is supposed to be funny.

As far as i know you can change language at any time.

I've watched many videos from beta version and translations were in early stages - so there is no way to tell - but hopefully you will be able to play in your language subs (if they'll be bad you can always change to english xP).

I know you can play the game in several languages.

I have 2 questions:

- If I understand the screenshots correctly you can change the language any time in the in game menu. Is that true?

- I am from germany. Does the beta exist in different languages and are the translations good?

Since my bad experiance with Oblivion, I played most games in english unless they were developed in germany.

In the german version of Oblivion there was:

- a healing spell named "fireball"

- item name "TrdschwH" ( means "Trank der schwachen Heilung" (Potion of minor Healing))

- sometimes written and/or spoken dialogue was randomly english or german or both combined

- somebody said that in the french version "trap door" was translated with whatever "trapped door" means in french.

I work in a university so I speak english very often, but we don´t have a native english speaker in our group.

My experiance is, that almost everyone from scandinavia speaks perfect english and I understand every word (I was on vacation in Norway)

but when I hear a native english speaker I hardly understand anything.

In games I understand most things, but I am sure I miss alot, especially when it is supposed to be funny.

Old games were different, translations quality increased over years;

Now the videogame business is lot larger then before, developers are spending more and almost every game (excluding really low budget indipendent ones) is well translated by professional thrid-party companies in the main languages.

For example, Skyrim (more recent than Oblivion) was perfectly translated (and voice-acted) in my language.

However, i don't know who's taking care about translations in Obsidian but i guess we can trust them

PS: Publisher Paradox did not translate any product in my language before, POE is the first one, i feel lucky : - )

Edited by Mazisky

Hello Madscientist

Now with BB 435 its finally playable in German ... Except there is no german Voice acting. But the German Translation is fine. A lot of text to read and i enjoyed every word of it.

I`m very happy how the Game turns out. Thanks Guys for this Game !! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Cant wait to Play.

Edited by Louis2014

English is pretty ridiculous, when you get down to it. A lot of phrases and such can mean many, many different things. Plus, we have way too many sayings that no one even knows the origins of anymore. And that's just American English (or whatever it's called), which is one of the youngest forms of English.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Except there is no german Voice acting.

I suspect there are lunatics fans already planning to re-record the voice acting in their native languages.

Might be a fun project. Find some drama students and pay them in sandwiches.

In games I understand most things, but I am sure I miss alot, especially when it is supposed to be funny

I have the same problem,especially when those slang words appeared,for example what does "ye coxfither" means? i saw it in some games and i cant get it.

if i dont know a word i usually just try to figure out it's meaning from the context. if the exact meaning of the word cant be extrapolated because of the nature of the word itself or due to the rest of the text giving no clues, i can still find the purpose of the word in the frase (i dont know what a word actually is, but i can understand that it is used as an insult or a compliment and so on)

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

There's a good FRENCH translation in last update.

Seems to be really fine to me. 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

if i dont know a word i usually just try to figure out it's meaning from the context. if the exact meaning of the word cant be extrapolated because of the nature of the word itself or due to the rest of the text giving no clues, i can still find the purpose of the word in the frase (i dont know what a word actually is, but i can understand that it is used as an insult or a compliment and so on)

thanks for responding,i only can see that was a ambiguity that leading to misunderstanding, but i think i missed some fun here(due to the exact meaning of this word or the origins still no clue,perhaps).