How to interact with own party members?

You can talk to them, yes. There's also a new feature where a small "talking icon" will appear on their portraits if they have something they want to discuss (instead of the dialogue window popping up right away like in BG, you can decide when you want to tackle whatever the issue may be).

And I assume there'll be a simple way to remove characters from out of your party.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

You can talk to them, yes. There's also a new feature where a small "talking icon" will appear on their portraits if they have something they want to discuss (instead of the dialogue window popping up right away like in BG, you can decide when you want to tackle whatever the issue may be).

And I assume there'll be a simple way to remove characters from out of your party.

Thanks, but how do you talk to them when they don't have that icon?

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Well, you can still talk to them using the basic interface even when the talking icon is not there I believe. What I mean is that the "talking icon" will pop up when they have something new to share, like how they would suddenly start talking to you in the BGs. New content so to speak. But you can still talk to them and ask them about their history and such I believe.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Well, you can still talk to them using the basic interface even when the talking icon is not there I believe. What I mean is that the "talking icon" will pop up when they have something new to share, like how they would suddenly start talking to you in the BGs. New content so to speak. But you can still talk to them and ask them about their history and such I believe.

Doesn't seem to work for me, still can't figure out how to talk to my party

Afaik, no, you can't talk to your party-members outside of interjections and so on, and obviously that doesn't apply to the Backer Beta NPC:s, because those are essentially faceless, soulless, shallow Adventurer Mart Hall automatons created for the purpose of testing the game.

I expect it to be pretty much the same with the recruitable CNPC:s, except that they have character. More BG2 than PS:T in terms of PC-CNPC interaction(s).

t50aJUd.jpg

Each companion in the real game has a button on their ability bar that allows you to talk to them at any time.  I'm pretty sure all of them have options in those dialogues where you can just ask them to leave immediately.

However, as mentioned above, the BB characters don't have any of this because they aren't real characters - we didn't write any dialogue for them.

• Like 4

Each companion in the real game has a button on their ability bar that allows you to talk to them at any time.  I'm pretty sure all of them have options in those dialogues where you can just ask them to leave immediately.

However, as mentioned above, the BB characters don't have any of this because they aren't real characters - we didn't write any dialogue for them.

Okay, great, thanks for the explanation!

I actually prefer a smaller party in most RPGs e.g. 4

Same here, back in the day I enjoyed playing BG1 with Ajantis + Jaheira + Imohen + own character fighter/mage/thief. Less micro-management, less clicks (I'm a lazy person), and it just worked as well.

Hopefully PoE will be reasonably playable with 4 party members.

Edited by Rumsteak

*gasp*... They're Homunculi! I knew it!

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Same here, back in the day I enjoyed playing BG1 with Ajantis + Jaheira + Imohen + own character fighter/mage/thief. Less micro-management, less clicks (I'm a lazy person), and it just worked as well.

*gasp*

You monster!

Poor Khalid, I never liked you.

t50aJUd.jpg

I often used to play a Bard (usually a Blade or Jester) in BG, which sort of covered two classes, and usually just took 3, sometimes 4 companion NPCs