Remaster Fallout: New Vegas on next generation gaming system.

Klemster23

Remaster Fallout: New Vegas, hook up with bethesda and remaster Fallout 3 and get it together for Fallout 4 it is the best game I have ever played, I feel everyone on next gen consoles would be so happy to see Fallout land as a remaster with all downloadable content

I'd pay to own remasters of the games on my PS4, but I'm not sure everyone else would and I think the decision is really in Bethesda's ball court.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This is Bethesda tech we're talking about. A remaster would do nothing but add even more bugs.

You speak the truth. If there were any justice in the world, Bethesda would be kept far, far away from Fallout.

If there's any Obsidian game I'd like to see remastered, it'd be KotOR2.

"There is no greatness where simplicity, goodness and truth are absent." - Leo Tolstoy

Yeah I liked original Fallout 3 on the PC with mods. Well I liked all of Bethesda's games I've played with mods, particularly those that fix bugs and general hideousness (I'm looking at you, Morrowind).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This is Bethesda tech we're talking about. A remaster would do nothing but add even more bugs.

Yknow the guys at the Bethesda forums would claim Obsidian is the one with the buggy rep.

I don't get it personally, cause my experience with both has been buggy, so I don't see why either community would wanna bring up bug reputation.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Oh my goodness, can you imagine, Knights II Reinvigorated. What a great dream. 

And imagine Obsidian getting to make KotOR3.

According to one interview I read, the game would be able about the Exile and Revan taking on the Sith Empire. There would be a scene where the player character is carrying around pieces of HK-47, sort of like what Chewbacca did with C-3PO in Empire Strikes Back, only HK-47 would be shooting at people and making insulting remarks all the while. Unfortunately, we'll never get a chance to see this game.

And now I've made myself sad. Where's the booze?

• Like 4

"There is no greatness where simplicity, goodness and truth are absent." - Leo Tolstoy

Yknow the guys at the Bethesda forums would claim Obsidian is the one with the buggy rep.

I don't get it personally, cause my experience with both has been buggy, so I don't see why either community would wanna bring up bug reputation.

If we were talking about remastering Alpha Protocol then I'd have posted that more or less word for word except with Obsidian listed. But when we're talking about FO3+NV, there's only one common factor. What am I going to say, "Fallout 3 and New Vegas are being remastered, and all the new bugs in Fallout 3 are Bethesda doing what they do best, and all the new bugs in New Vegas are Obsidian doing what they do best." That's somewhat awkward for a one liner, and also doesn't quite illustrate my contempt for the use of this Gamebryo engine*.

* As used by these games, they're technically an innocent third party.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Unless it was remade on the Creation engine and Obsidian was given an 14 month dev cycle along with 6 months further support contract it wouldn't be worth dealing with all the bugs a conversion would uncover. And the Gamebryo engine is fugly enough that it would not at all be worth doing a remaster on. Hell, even the Creation engine is borked, especially the way Beth has it structure save states.

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

They need to put the games on a better, more stable game engine.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not too proud to say that the suggestion excites me.

FO:NV is still my favourite console rpg of all time, and I'd love to be able to visit from my Xbox One. 

Failing Fallout:

The tale of an average Joe making his way in the Mojave: Failing Fallout New Vegas

The tale of an average Joe forced out into the Capital Wasteland: Failing Fallout 3

According to one interview I read, the game would be able about the Exile and Revan taking on the Sith Empire. There would be a scene where the player character is carrying around pieces of HK-47, sort of like what Chewbacca did with C-3PO in Empire Strikes Back, only HK-47 would be shooting at people and making insulting remarks all the while. Unfortunately, we'll never get a chance to see this game.

I know, I was there... (in the conversation, not at OE sadly enough)...

And what's with asking to remake games that are, what, 5 years old? Seriously how much of a graphic whore must one be to ask such recent games to be remade? It keeps boggling my mind, but people keep suggesting it. Like we as community can't stand graphics that are 1 year old anymore or so. And then complain about sequels, how quality suffers...  :facepalm:  :banghead:

• Like 4

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm guessing a remake of something recent is less work (upscale the textures, throw in some new models) than a remake that needs to be done from the ground up.

Failing Fallout:

The tale of an average Joe making his way in the Mojave: Failing Fallout New Vegas

The tale of an average Joe forced out into the Capital Wasteland: Failing Fallout 3

I wouldn't mind if they remastered the horrible UI to work better with PC's.

A bit off topic, but speaking of remastering, did they ever get rid of GWFL in Fallout 3 (I know of the mod, but would rather be able to use an "official" patch on my old physical GotY edition).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wouldn't mind if they remastered the horrible UI to work better with PC's.

This man speaks the truth.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm always a bigger fan of how games middle than how they end :p

Someone should just remake FNV by modding wasteland 2. Assuming mod tools and a huge huge huge amount of free time are available. 

I would play this.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle