[435] Dexterity not working as intended.

JohnnySideburns

Question

Dexterity seems to slow down attack rate rather than speed it up.

After having tried multiple times, using different party members, using the same weapons and no armor. Having them simultaneously attack BB Rogue. I have observed that dexterity seems to have the reverse effect on attack rate to what was expected, the attack rate of my 20 dex Player char, is a lot slower than the 12 dex BB Priest.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

I think so, theoretically the character with the higher dexterity should make faster swings and have a shorter recovery. I will give it a shot now.

edit: You're right, when attacking with weapons - higher Dexterity does indeed slow recovery time rather than make it faster.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

The frightening bit was that they were saying this was the best system so far ... but it's not even working properly? :p

As someone that doesn't think it looks very balanced at all (Resolve is now useless for anyone not going full defensive (and it's hilariously useless for Paladins, which you'd expect to do well with Resolve), Intelligence is overvalued for casters (and apparently Barbarians do amazingly with high Intelligence, which is just all kinds of what), Perception lost Accuracy even though it's probably not necessary any more, Interrupt makes little-to-no sense on Perception, and the jury is just straight out on Dexterity and Constitution, it's annoying as hell to not be able to test it out at all, simply because it's not working.

It's hard to argue for or against something when you know for a fact that the basis for any arguments relating to the issue is on shaky ground, to say the least. Without a working foundation, we can't build those neat houses of cards.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg