[435] No music and no ambient sounds in game

IndiraLightfoot

Question

Description of the issue:

I thought I had killed the music, but then I realized I heard no ambient sound effects either. I checked under sound options, and saw that music and all sounds had been on the whole time. Unfortunately, no music and no ambient sounds have been playing. The only sound I have heard is at the very start of the game, the character creation screen, and oddly enough, when I move about objects in the invo screen.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

9 answers to this question

I've been playing on 435 all the way, not 434.

Triple checked: Yep, it says 435. And I also checked that when I first started the game today.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

More on the sound issue:

I decided to save and then restart the game and load that save.

And now all ambient sounds seem to be working except for perhaps NPC voices in the inn. No music has been playing, and I've gone from the Inn, through the town and back into Dyrford Crossing.

Perhaps this is some start-up glitch as well, just like my game freeze the first time I started a fresh 435-game. I have no idea.

For reference, I have played another game before PoE beta today, and also used a video software, and both worked perfectly normal, no freezes and no sound problems.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

I can confirm this issue in 435. Ambient sounds are working as intended and music plays on the menu screen and during initial character creation but I'm not hearing any music ingame despite all the sliders being set all the way up.

Edited by MasterPrudent

Same here.

I have the same issue here

I havn't seen any fix in the last update change log.

Do you guys are aware of the problem and will you be able to fix it before release ?

It may not have made the change log but it has definitely been fixed for me as of ver 480.