[435] Shapeshift forms in combat - feedback

IndiraLightfoot

Question

This is not exactly bugs, but rather reflections after reading the combat log using two Druids focussing hard on their shapeshift forms, bear and cat.

First of all, seeing your huge bear getting knocked down over and over by a cowled dwarf isn't very fun at all. ;)

There should be some godly resistance to knock down if you have shapeshifted into a grizzly bear, just saying.

Also, seeing my huge feral cat getting interrupted and sneak attacked by Medreth feels awkward and wrong, especially, when my cat was facing Medreth all the time. A shapeshift feral cat should be nearly un-interruptable and almost immune to sneak attacks if face-to face.

EDIT: A more prolonged fight with the beetles had my shapeshifters suddenly deactivate their shape at the same time, presumably because the ability reached some end point of a countdown. Here I thought, they could be shapeshifted throughout entire encounters. What gives? I've even checked and right-clicked on the description, and nowhere it says "lasts for like 30s". Perhaps I'm blind as a bat?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the input. The spiritshifts do indeed have a duration and it is known that this is not well displayed. Keep up the good work!

The current (very short) duration on spirit shift makes the wildstrike talents underwhelming.