435 Discussion

Sensuki

I'm a little wary to mention in this thread for fear of it getting lost, but it doesn't seem worth it to start a new thread.

Enchanting.

It would be nice to get some feedback (message box mayhaps?) after enchanting something. I put an enchantment on a sword and just sat there for an embarrassingly long time waiting for some sort of confirmation of the enchantment being applied to said sword. I thought the game froze upon me and started clicking randomly only to realize it was all just fine and I was the idiot.

It would be nifty to have something that told you the enchantment was applied. I realize it's pretty trivial, but it just feels weird to me otherwise. It won't "ruin the game" for me if it stays how it is, and ultimately I'm fine with it. Just thought I'd mention it.

Oh, and unrelated, I like the new little animations put in when you rest. Those are neat. Also, the new Obsidian splash logo is excellent.

• Like 2

the way weapon strength were figuring into the equation were problematic before josh's proposed changes.  also, the equation for concentration were resulting in some oddities.  crits were far too significant. if 25% is the goal for equal resolve v. perception, we don't have much of a complaint regarding the changes. however, having seen how interrupts actual work in the game, even when the interrupts chances were tuned higher than josh's proposed changes, the only characters we is current concerned with boosting resolve is front-line combatants with slow activation abilities or weapons.  

keep in mind, there is a 1st level mage spell with a duration o' a base 60 seconds (an eternity in poe battles) that adds 30 to concentration.  this spell alone likely allows mages to tank their resolve with impunity.  for all intents and purposes, the spell is worth 10 points o' resolve... and as we noted already, most caster not need much concentration based on the current ai behaviors we has seen and typical duration o' battles.  no doubt there is other oddities that will need be looked at more closely.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It would be nice to get some feedback (message box mayhaps?) after enchanting something. I put an enchantment on a sword and just sat there for an embarrassingly long time waiting for some sort of confirmation of the enchantment being applied to said sword. I thought the game froze upon me and started clicking randomly only to realize it was all just fine and I was the idiot.

Yah some kind of feedback would be nice. I had the same reaction you did. 

• Like 1

Hahaha. Lol @ The pathfinding after you Charm the Bears.

Good video, I'll have to try the spell again.

Yep the poor little bear is horribly confused, which is kinda understandable as all his friends have become enemies and his enemies have become friends :). The combination of the party, the other bears, changing targets and the non pathable camp fire really confuse the path finding.

Some item changes I've noticed

Stilettos and Maces now only bypass 3 DR instead of 5

Plate Armor and Brigandine have had their armor stats changed - Plate gives 15 DR vs Slash and Pierce, Fine Brigandine gives 15 DR vs Crush

Slash is now actually better against at least one type of armor (Padded)

The Lash enchantment has been reduced to +25% damage, down from +50%

Blunderbusses and Pistols have -0.3 Crit Multiplier ... I wonder what the default crit mult is now ?

Enchanting Accurate Weapons (Spears etc) with Accuracy Modifiers actually works now, and looks pretty scary

Edited by Sensuki

More Proof...

4. I let my fighter die and had the chanter start tanking. Got crit for -33

5. Ancient memory = Back to full health

6. Notice is says ancient memory = 68

On the combat log it says ancient memory = .8 (I actually had beloved spirits as well)

Ill post this on the bug forums

post-69985-0-60315100-1423292470_thumb.jpg

post-69985-0-96595500-1423292473_thumb.jpg

post-69985-0-61613600-1423292474_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bazy

Oh I believe you, but it would be helpful if we could find what's causing it

You can click on the "Ancient Memory (3 Hit" in the combat log to expand the entry and see how much Endurance it's healing

Lol +68 Endurance - what talents do you have man? (take a screeny of the lower part of the character sheet)

Edited by Sensuki

It must be a role-playing stat. Plus for some slow attacking builds it would suck to be interrupted and tipping the chances even by little to your favour is something I would do, especially if there is some talent that increases concentration as well, I may psynergize to have better results.

For example, a slow, front-line, dmg-dealer would hate interrupts, as would a front-line caster (if such a thing is viable) with long casting times.

But yeah, I wouldn't see other reason to pump resolve, except for RP purposes.

And it really grinds my gears, because for roleplaying purposes, I was going to play a high-resolve Paladin (charismatically imposing, socially durable), but for Paladins, Resolve is nearly useless, so I'd pretty much be shooting myself in the foot.

Hilariously, Intelligence is now the best (or one of the best) stat(s) for Barbarians, too.

t50aJUd.jpg

Hilariously, Intelligence is now the best (or one of the best) stat(s) for Barbarians, too.

I see nothing wrong with that. Barbarians don't necessarily have to be all dumb :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I see nothing wrong with that. Barbarians don't necessarily have to be all dumb :)

You also don't have to build them that way. I imagine there are plenty of viable low or mid level intelligence builds. 

I see nothing wrong with that. Barbarians don't necessarily have to be all dumb original.gif

It's not that it's wrong, it's that it's plainly one of the most optimal choices. The goal should be for all Attributes to be somewhat equally viable in some capacity for each class, and it'd be nice if the attributes matched up somewhat with the overall class concepts. It just feels fundamentally odd that Intelligence would be a pump stat for Barbarians and Resolve would be a dump stat for Paladins.

You also don't have to build them that way. I imagine there are plenty of viable low or mid level intelligence builds.

You don't have to build anyone in a very specific way. You don't have to even spend your points on creation. I'm strictly talking balance and class concept, here.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg