435 Discussion

Sensuki

(we have no idea how the math is worked out to explain concentration)

Base Concentration is 50 for all units AFAIK. So it's 50 * (1 + [{(Resolve - 10) * 6}/100])

15 Resolve - 10 = 5. 5 * 6 = 30%

30% of 50 = 15

Concentration = 65

Base Concentration is 50 for all units AFAIK. So it's 50 * (1 + [{(Resolve - 10) * 6}/100])

30% of 50 = 15

Concentration = 65

correct.

then we end up with an equal bad situation if we use 68.8 for a 22 perception archer when needing counter the 86 concentration for 22 resolve.

*shrug*

we see what you is saying. 72% o' 40 is 28.8.  unfortunately, based on the new calculation for resolve, would that result in a marked improvement for interrupts compared to old formula?

perhaps it would be too obvious to make an average weapon have a base value o' 50 instead o' 40 and adjust everything else accordingly?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Is intellect supposed to only give +1 to will while all other attributes give +2 to reflex/will/fort?

in 435, our character record sheets show +2 to will for each intellect point above 10, but we have not actual checked to see if will is being properly calculated.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The palette problem has finally been solved. The characters don't blend with the environment as much now.

As for the new models' style, I think I need some time to get used to it. It's not bad, just different.

The combat is still a mess by 2015 standards. As I've already said, it suggests cutting and combining abilities, not adding more.

any plans for a screen shake or a special sound effect for crits? (I'd really like an indication, Sarevork's laughter was golden).

can anyone confirm if trap disarm doesn't work or it's me that's doing it wrong?

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

The palette problem has finally been solved. The characters don't blend with the environment as much now.

Yes this was one of the first things I noticed too - Dyrford Village, Stormwall Gorge, Majority of the Dyrford Interiors and Dyrford Crossing are all much better, but the Ogre Cave is still murky as.

As for the new models' style, I think I need some time to get used to it. It's not bad, just different.

The combat is still a mess by 2015 standards. As I've already said, it suggests cutting and combining abilities, not adding more.

any plans for a screen shake or a special sound effect for crits? (I'd really like an indication, Sarevork's laughter was golden).

can anyone confirm if trap disarm doesn't work or it's me that's doing it wrong?

Anyone got a before and after screenshot of the palette problem? for testing purpose of course.

Dual wielding Sabre + Pistol:

Two Pistols:

Awww MAN. That dual wielding pistols sounds SO fun! Like, I actually got giddy for a second. Maybe that could be a high level mastery skill or something. Please keep it in game ;)

The problem with the pistols is that you need two hands to reload them and they have a long reload time, so it doesn't make a huge amount of sense (though cool) and is considered a bug. The result being if you equip a melee weapon with them you run up attack the enemy with the sword, then attack them with the pistol, then attack them with the sword again. At this point things get a bit broken because when you go to attack with the pistol it needs to be reloaded so you spend the next 3 or so seconds standing around reloading your gun before attacking again with it then attacking with the sword then starting the reload cycle again (which is rather boring).

For the Implements though it would be less of an issue as there is no reload stage so you never pause to reload and keep up a constant stream of attacks. So while I see why the pistol is treated as a bug unfortunately the implements are also considered to be a bug even though there description says they are one handed and they don't have the reload problem.

Edited by aeonsim

Healing spells seem to have taken a pretty big nerf. I think it was needed but may have gone a bit far. It also means spells like Iconic Projection, Consecrated Ground and Watchful Presence are the best healing spells to use. 

Prey on the Weak and Merciless Companion both nerfed to 1.2x. Not sure about that one. Prey on the Weak was a lot better than the other deity talents but I'd have prefered the other talents get buffed instead.

The little campfire movies are a nice touch, I think you should be able to skip them with a double click the way I think you could in IE though. 

• Like 2

Healing spells seem to have taken a pretty big nerf. I think it was needed but may have gone a bit far. It also means spells like Iconic Projection, Consecrated Ground and Watchful Presence are the best healing spells to use. 

Prey on the Weak and Merciless Companion both nerfed to 1.2x. Not sure about that one. Prey on the Weak was a lot better than the other deity talents but I'd have prefered the other talents get buffed instead.

The little campfire movies are a nice touch, I think you should be able to skip them with a double click the way I think you could in IE though. 

Definitely. Prey on the Weak was a very interesting, flavourful and useful Talent that allowed the Priests of Skaen to actually do something unique; other Talents should be moulded with this in mind, not Prey on the Weak be brought down to their level.

Also, all movies should be skippable. For some reason, they're not, but they should be. Especially unskippable intro movies should be considered a capital offence in 2015.

• Like 3

t50aJUd.jpg

30% of 50 = 15

Concentration = 65

correct.

then we end up with an equal bad situation if we use 68.8 for a 22 perception archer when needing counter the 86 concentration for 22 resolve.

*shrug*

we see what you is saying. 72% o' 40 is 28.8.  unfortunately, based on the new calculation for resolve, would that result in a marked improvement for interrupts compared to old formula?

perhaps it would be too obvious to make an average weapon have a base value o' 50 instead o' 40 and adjust everything else accordingly?

HA! Good Fun!

The base interrupt of 'heavy weapons' is 50, so you should get 68 vs 68 if you with 22 perception take on a high (22) resolve enemy with a greatsword or something. But you'll be attacking less often. The base is 30 on things like daggers, so you'd get 40.8 vs 68 if you were attacking with them, but you'd attack so much more often it isn't clear without simulation to me which way would grant you more interrupts in the long run. Plus there's always the talent Interrupting Blows which grants an extra +15% interrupt chance. Though whether that's relative or absolute, I've not checked.

Edited by CottonWolf

Adam confirmed in the bug section that movies have been made skippable.

As for msaa, BMac said he'll look into it if he has time (so probably not before release).

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

My main criticism so far is that I want wood elf to have a beard. Why pale elf get beards but not wood elf? :(

That said the new faces for elves look better. I think some of the godlike ones need work still though.

Dunno. Maybe for the same reason why Native Americans don't really have beards but black/white etc. people do.

Edited by Killyox

Prey on the Weak was a lot better than the other deity talents but I'd have prefered the other talents get buffed instead.

I agree. Unfortunately they seem to go the 'nerf the strong one' route rather than buff the weak ones.

• Like 1

Dual wielding Sabre + Pistol:

Two Pistols:

Awww MAN. That dual wielding pistols sounds SO fun! Like, I actually got giddy for a second. Maybe that could be a high level mastery skill or something. Please keep it in game ;)

The problem with the pistols is that you need two hands to reload them and they have a long reload time, so it doesn't make a huge amount of sense (though cool) and is considered a bug. The result being if you equip a melee weapon with them you run up attack the enemy with the sword, then attack them with the pistol, then attack them with the sword again. At this point things get a bit broken because when you go to attack with the pistol it needs to be reloaded so you spend the next 3 or so seconds standing around reloading your gun before attacking again with it then attacking with the sword then starting the reload cycle again (which is rather boring).

For the Implements though it would be less of an issue as there is no reload stage so you never pause to reload and keep up a constant stream of attacks. So while I see why the pistol is treated as a bug unfortunately the implements are also considered to be a bug even though there description says they are one handed and they don't have the reload problem.

aww buggar, I was under the impression pistols had fantasy ammo and didn't require reloading like usually sceptre's typically can be fired as a range weapon indefinitely. So Am I understanding they are designed to be one handed, but not intended to really be  one handed and should be treated as a 2 handed weapon that can be equippable from either hand? Also, how is ranged weapons handled in the game like bows/crossbows etc? Do you have to buy ammo or quivers, etc?

aww buggar, I was under the impression pistols had fantasy ammo and didn't require reloading like usually sceptre's typically can be fired as a range weapon indefinitely. So Am I understanding they are designed to be one handed, but not intended to really be  one handed and should be treated as a 2 handed weapon that can be equippable from either hand? Also, how is ranged weapons handled in the game like bows/crossbows etc? Do you have to buy ammo or quivers, etc?

I may be drunk but I have no idea what you're asking for in the first question, but as for the second one (which I bolded), the answer is unfortunately no. There's no ammunition for any weapons, and no thrown weapons.

So no Bullets of Detonation, Dispelling Arrows, Lightning Crossbow Bolts, or Poisoned Throwing Daggers.

Boooo!

t50aJUd.jpg

My main criticism so far is that I want wood elf to have a beard. Why pale elf get beards but not wood elf? :(

That said the new faces for elves look better. I think some of the godlike ones need work still though.

Dunno. Maybe for the same reason why Native Americans don't really have beards but black/white etc. people do.

Native Americans don't have beards?  :blink: