435 Discussion

Sensuki

-The main menu music (theme music) now uses a live orchestra! Very nice, sounds a lot better obviously and there are some changes here and there compared to the earlier arrangement as well.

-New music for creating the character.

-Solid UI feels really nice though can use some additional "prettying up" I think, some more details or something.

-I hope sounds are still being mixed because it's still way off. Voices, many menu sounds (like bringing up inventory), certain combat effects are just WAY too loud while ambient noises desperately needs to be brought up in the mix. Also, music is still broken.

-Smaller beetles are nice!

-Way harder to sneak now. I like it but will need to test more just how it feels.

-Shift + click = put items in stash, great!

-Fireplace "movie" while camping in the wilds, awesome!

-Interrupt feels kinda godly just from initial impressions.

-Containers in town are now marked as "owned". Tied to reputation.

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 4

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Elder Bears still hit for ridiculous damage lol. Not as much as before, but still 50 damage on a hit through 12 DT is probably a bit high.

They also have 95 Accuracy or something, compared to your party's ~30-50

With the changes to damage calculation, no Accuracy from Perception and the nerf to DT bypassing weapons it's very difficult to punch through their DR 9 and actually take them down without some bullsh1t combo, meanwhile you're getting hit for 30-80 damage a hit from them and Korgrak.

Hobbled and then kite, kite, kite and kite.

At the moment I just have the stock party and a Druid, Tanglefoot slows them down and Korgrak gets stuck and doesn't attack for a while, but aside from cheesing disengagement attacks or something nothing I have is punching through the bears. Every character goes down in two hits.

edit: Got it that time, although with three KO's. Constant interrupts was the way to go once I got to Korgrak, combined with multiple Slickens.

Edited by Sensuki

Can someone please test what the current ranges for Miss-Graze-Hit-Crit are?

I'm really curious. Did they change the ranges, and if yes, how?

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Yeah stacking CC is definitely the way to go, I think the OP damage invalidates too many tactics. Will record a video.

It's

Miss 01-15

Graze 16-50

Hit 51-100

Crit 101+

Edited by Sensuki

It's a bug I think. Bonus Interrupt from Perception is being treated as an integer rather than a percentage, and Bonus Concentration is being treated as a percentage.

That Korgrak fight is still stupid. Korgrak himself is fine but those Bears are OP.

On normal the Korgrak fight is considerably easier than it was last time around. I was able to beat it the first time with only one party member downed, albeit with a paladin added to the standard BB party.

Edited by MasterPrudent

On normal the Korgrak fight is considerably easier than it was last time around. I was able to beat it on the first time with only one party member downed, albeit with a paladin added to the standard BB party.

I'm playing on Hard. I think on normal difficulty you face two capital B Bears, and on Hard it's Elder Bears ?

Elder Bears have 97 Accuracy, and they hit for 50-60 damage through armor and Crit for 60-80 through armor. Against a 0 DT character I think they do ~ 90 damage on a crit. That's enough to kill many 5th level characters in one hit.

Edited by Sensuki

They actually used to be worse in v392, they used to crit for 120 damage. A lot of the stuff you could do to beat them has been taken away (Quadratic Rogue damage, High Accuracy characters). I am just playing with a Druid and the BB party atm, but I will go through with a custom adventurer party and see if it's much easier (it will be, especially with a sixth character and different classes).

Uploading a glorious failed attempt at the encounter, I stop trying about half way through, but you get the picture.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Ohh yeah the bears. I play on easy to avoid them :)

Some sound effects are way too loud. Or some are too low?... The difference is there... Hard to adjust the sound with only three sliders. 

Uh and my combat log is messing up again, not scrolling down to the buttom... And there are overlaying messages...

Edited by Cluas

UFWDJRj.jpg

In the last build the bears had a low-ish will defense so the priest spell Halt was pretty good against them.

Only got to play for 15 mins. I notice crit range boosting stuff like minor threat is now converting a percentage of hits into crits. The prayer against line of spells now give +50 defense and suppress affliction lasts 15 seconds. Disciplined barrage now a once per encounter ability. 

New attribute system seems rubbish tbh.

New attribute system seems rubbish tbh.

Yeah I am not a fan. Aside from the fact that Perception is broken, Resolve is fully dumpable.

I will look into modding it when Bester converts his mod tools to the new patch.

Minor Threat always converted a percentage. It's the best class ability by a country mile.

Edited by Sensuki

Any chance of a screenshot of the new level up abilities screen?

Sure. Although I don't think anything has really changed? There is a border around the abilities once they've unlocked and I should thank the devs for that seeing as it was something I requested.

HpDKKMh.png

HNoTzzn.png

12Titw9.png