435 Discussion

Sensuki

Maybe he's seen lot of his suggestions implemented in the game :)

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Performance for me is about the same as v364. The Slowdowns that occured in v392 appear to have been seen to but it is running a lot worse than the earlier versions (v278-v301). WTB CPU/GPU Optimization, but I understand that's done right at the very end.

When inXile optimized WL2, I got a HUUUGE FPS jump. Hopefully that's the case here too.

They may have actually uploaded the wrong build. The game says v434, not v435 - BAdler just posted in the Announcements that 434 still had some bugs in it that they fixed yesterday/today.

Suppose we'll find out tomorrow whether it was the correct build or not.

Good job on the Solid UI man. Functionally it's pretty much what I wanted. Gems instead of flaps. Nice and symmetrical and should go fairly well with Bester's UI Mod. Do you know if the background is segmented in the art file at all?

It *could* be more decorative ... but I'll play around with it a bit longer and see what would feel right. Sometimes simplicity is a virtue and that may or may not be the case here.

Thanks. Not completely happy with the HUD yet, and I imagine the blandness will be the primary criticism for this build since it's pretty much just a slab of wood right now. But I do think it cuts down on the noise and lets you focus on the functional parts of the UI, such as icons. Also the neutral colors play better with the background regardless of the colors of the environment. It's tricky business adding stuff down there since you want to stay out of the players way and let the environment take the spot light, but doing so without sacrificing interest or functionality.

As for the segmented background bit, the block is composed up of 3 textures. One for the gradient + bevel, one for the wood texture which gets multiplied on top and one for the faint carving detail that runs horizontally. The first gets "sliced" up by Unity which allows us to scale it without resolution concerns, and the later 2 are tileable. It's built in a very modular way so I don't think modders will have a hard time editing it.

• Like 9

Great stuff. Yeah I think the borders could be more decorative / and the stock wood texture darker with more defined edges/patterns or something. But yeah, the visuals don't get in the way and your eyes are drawn to the actual elements.

Modularity sounds great too  :thumbsup:

Man I'm so surprised this game runs so well on my crappy MBP, and the graphics look good. Amazing. I need to buy a mouse now, instead of using the trackpad.  grin.gif

You can thank the programmers for that one. They are slaving away trying to get the game running well on low-end systems.

• Like 16

I was speaking to Hormalakh who has an AMD Athlon64 x2 from like 2007 and he gets a better frame rate than I do (I have an Intel i7 870). I think it's because Unity doesn't support HyperThreading, and that's pretty much where I get the majority of grunt from with my CPU.

edit 2: Going by this thread, looks like we do have the wrong build

Edited by Sensuki

By the way these are two very useful features that got thrown in recently.

- Shift clicking items in the inventory stashes the item

- Right clicking (almost) anywhere on item inspection UI closes the window (The small parchment one)

I think credit goes to Bester for suggesting the 2nd one.

• Like 7

Voices no longer seem to work during character creation. They still trigger when giving orders during game play.

Are they being redone?

Only seems to be character creation.  Works fine at the Adventurers hall.  I have also noticed anyone with the Ayder culture apparently has a transparent body if they wear clothes only or are naked :p

@Benedictous

I'm playing a (sub optimal) ranger in 434 and it's alright. I say suboptimal because she's built for interrupts but I'm using a slow weapon. Anyway she's doing the best damage in the party and the ability that improves accuracy when she's attacking the same target as her companion seems to be working well. Also I gave her wounding shot so I often hobble the enemy for my rogue to sneak attack; it's a good combo.

The animal buddy needs to be managed well to keep him from dropping dead on me but he no longer shares a health pool with the ranger so that's neat.

Edited by MasterPrudent

Interrupts are horribly broken in this build so if you pump it you'll quite literally interrupt on every hit. Pretty funny when you dual wield fast weapons.

Edited by Sensuki

Interrupts are horribly broken in this build so if you pump it you'll quite literally interrupt on every hit. Pretty funny when you dual wield fast weapons.

Yup. If I gave her something faster than an arbalest I don't think the enemy would be able to get a hit in.

Voices no longer seem to work during character creation. They still trigger when giving orders during game play.

Are they being redone?

Only seems to be character creation.  Works fine at the Adventurers hall.  I have also noticed anyone with the Ayder culture apparently has a transparent body if they wear clothes only or are naked :p

Seems to have been a 434 problem. Fixed in 435.

I'll have a chat to Bester later and see if we can fix the Interrupt bug for this patch's version of the IE mod. This being the final version of testing it's just not practical for an attribute to be broken for the purposes of attribute discussion.

• Like 4