Tablets are on a decline

Bokishi

i ve been calling tablets useless for the general public since the day i first saw them. infact everyone i convinced not to waste money on a tablet now thanks me.

there is a very limited selection of activities that could benefit from a tablet but for the rest its just an oversised phone without the "phone" part

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I bought this thing for gaming:

IMG_20150217_194621_zps686d0577.jpg

It's made by the same company that made both my phone and my tablet and it somehow connects through Bluetooth (using weird Chinese signs), but it works. I'm playing my games flawlessly in most of the cases (not Dragon Quest 5 though, annoyingly), but GTA: Vice City and GTA: Chinatown Wars runs like a dream.

I'll be picking up KotOR and Shadowrun: Dragonfall soon. They're "not compatible" with my device, but that's usually BS (Google Play said the same for my GTA's, but I bought them through the MOGA Store just fine anyhow) so I'll just have to find a way to pay for them another way

My tablet rocks. Oh, and Dragon Quest 5 is surprisingly good..

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, that sounds cool actually. A lot of games are inaccessible on tablets right now only because of the controls. Can you tell us the specific model?

Yeah, that sounds cool actually. A lot of games are inaccessible on tablets right now only because of the controls. Can you tell us the specific model?

I bought mine from here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock-Original-Xiaomi-Bluetooth-Game-Controller-For-Xiaomi-phones-Android-Mobile-Phones-TV-Tablet-PC/32277449063.html

It's not exactly cheap perhaps, but the quality is excellent. Like all Xiaomi products so far, actually.

I worry that it's somehow made especially for Xiaomi phones/tablets, but the seller assures that it's compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices. I only own Xiaomi devices myself so I am not able to test if this is true.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sister has a convertible laptop, that's the closest to a tablet anyone in my family ever bought. It's useful for her because she's an English teacher, she frequently meets with students at their homes so she needs something portable and also convenient to show various videos, images and stuff as needed during lessons.

I don't see the point of tablets myself. They were nice before phone screen rapidly grew in size, I suppose, but now? I don't game on my phone, though, and I wouldn't on my tablet. I find the controls clunky and I don't want to carry a controller because it defeats the point of portability. I use a 3DS for mobile gaming instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I can see the advantage of the large, HD screen for reading.  But I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase one. If I won one in a raffle I'm sure I'd use it on a semi-regular basis.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Eh, I can see the advantage of the large, HD screen for reading.  But I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase one. If I won one in a raffle I'm sure I'd use it on a semi-regular basis.

That is one thing where they are good, if they have high enough resolution (I would go with 2K display or with 4K if we speak over 13" 'tablets').

Touch screens are inherently flawed. You're putting fingers in front of what you're looking at. Not only that, but they're DIRTY.

I've heard an idea too smart for people to clone. One obscure mobile device had a touchpad on the OPPOSITE side. Opposite from the screen. It would still display the cursor, so you see what you're aiming at in FPS games, obviously.

Never cared for Apple (I have low respect for the company). But I did support Jolla's crowdfunding campaign for their tablet:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/jolla-tablet-world-s-first-crowdsourced-tablet

I'm not sure if it's on decline or not, for me tablets are mostly useful as e-book readers. But I don't like dumb ones which aren't fully functional computers on the other hand.

Edited by shmerl

I always thought about buying one, and it always ended it with the realization that it would just collect dust in a corner because i would find no use for it.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."