[Cypher] Q: Build diversity and info

Killyox

I wanted to ask community what Cypher build diversity is there and also how does melee cypher measures up to ranged cipher. Is it only bow + ranged to generate focus or melee is decent as well now?

In 333 or 362 focus gaines depended on dmg done. Is that still a thing? How effective is it now and how strong/weak his spells and effects are? Is he still cosnidered a nuker?

Personally I would say they can be fairly diverse.  You have plenty of ability choices that run from raw damage, to control effects, to debuffs or buffs.  I would say melee Cipher is a bit better than ranged Cipher though in my opinion.

Personally I would say they can be fairly diverse.  You have plenty of ability choices that run from raw damage, to control effects, to debuffs or buffs.  I would say melee Cipher is a bit better than ranged Cipher though in my opinion.

Agreed.  Its definitely a class that favors creativity in its ability use also, which really opens it up for whatever play style really.

The little time I spent with it in older build made me interested that it can have a few roles to fill but previously it was imo better as a ranged guy. Maybe spear for him so he can do 2nd line attacks from behind tankier character?

There seemed however to be a problem with accuracy of his spells. Some of them had really low accuracy even with high perception in 333 or 362 (can't exactly recall) so they missed a lot/grazed.

How does it look right now and what sort of attribues would be decent for him (not 100% powerplay but ~60% power play and 40% focus for story dialogs)