Fails to start on OSX 10.10.2

dlpatri

Question

Just installed Steam on my Mac and installed the game. When I try to launch, see the Application's Icon appear; then quickly disappear. I have tried to "Verify Integrity of Game Cache", but it doesn't seem to find anything wrong.

Are there any other steps I should take to debug the matter? Or, does the game just not run on Yosemite yet?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

It's a known issue. Some people have had luck with this workaround: drag the application from the steam application support folder in the user library to the applications folder and run it from there. Otherwise a beta update is expected sometime in the next couple of weeks.

You will find the application in this folder:

Macintosh Harddrive ▸ Users ▸ *your username* ▸ Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Steam ▸ SteamApps ▸ common

You can either launch it from there, or move a copy of it to your Applications folder and it will launch from there.  That solved this issue for me.  It works fine for me using the current version of Yosemite.  If you cannot see your Library folder, google how to make it visible and follow those directions.  Once you've copied it to your applications folder, you can make things invisible again if you prefer.

I hope this helps.

Thank you guys for the info.

Using the path that @RoughOne gave me, I was able to make an "alias" to the App in my Applications folder. Launching from there definitely gets me much farther than I've gotten before (I haven't tried actually playing yet).

Quick question, @MasterPrudent says that this is a known issue. I searched this forum for the terms "osx" and "mac" but didn't find anything. In the future, where should I go to see whether or not I'm experiencing a known issue?

Thanks again.