Launchtime, serials and gamebooxes..

Niccolado

Hey all,I got a few questions I wonder if anyone know more about..

I know the game hits live March 26th this year, and I see GOG and Steam have started with pre-ordering. My question is, when will Obsidian start shipping out the serial-numbers? If Not for pre-install, at least for getting ready to play the game. Also since I get a few extra copies of the game, and have promised one of them to a friend, I would like to have the SN as soon as possible to hand it over to him before the game goes live. (We are both very eager to play the game the same second its launched! Hehe..) I also wondered if anyone know when Obsidian starts shipping out the game boxes? Since I live in Norway, it will take about a week to reach me (due to customs) from its sent from US. Will they send the boxes on launchdate or in advance..?

Thanks all for any info you must have! :)

The next official Kickstarter update should include details regarding the download keys. 

I'm also curious about the timelines of the physical rewards. I'd imagine they would have a distribution center in the US and in Europe --considering that Paradox (in Sweden) is handling these logistics.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The next official Kickstarter update should include details regarding the download keys. 

I'm also curious about the timelines of the physical rewards. I'd imagine they would have a distribution center in the US and in Europe --considering that Paradox (in Sweden) is handling these logistics.

If its from sweden they ship the good stuff, i guess I will have it reasonably fast since Sweden is our neighbours :)

Thanks for the answers! If anyone knows anymore I would appreciate anything you have! The curse of real life is I am not able to follow this forum as much as I would have liked, so I am not up-to-date with the latest news.

• Like 1

Yeah. Unfortunately Obsidian and Paradox have been quiet so far regarding production and shipping logistics. I'm optimistic that they'll let update us in February.

I wouldn't be too worried about the keys though.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Most games with physical media versions "go gold" (ie have a working build sent to pressing plants) about two months before game launch, and since Obsidz are professionals I wouldn't be surprised if that's already happened with PoE. I'd think they'd treat it as they would any retail game - physical editions produced, in place and ready to be played by launch day. It will depend on when production on the physical stuff is completed. There may well be enough of a buffer to make sure it gets to where it needs to be in time. But then I've never had a game shipped to me from overseas.

Edited by Pop