Who else is disappointed with the game's battle music theme

Yikes :s

I mean, first time I listened to it I was like.. seriously ? BG1-2 had so memorable and engaging combat music and I hoped they could capture the mood, but no..

There's little to none I hate about PoE, but combat music is one of them :s

• Like 1

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

I don't know if they rewrote the battle music, but they def were playing some new music in the most recent pax demo that was actually pretty great! There was only one major part that irked me with the old combat music and I've expressed that to the composer already. And apparently internally the dev's had mentioned the music was not too thrilling for them either, so maybe what we heard was an example of the new music, or at least an alternate theme that reminded me of the BG games and Lord of the Rings.

Heh, a lot has changed since the last beta. While I wasn't disappointed with the battle music, it left something to be desired. If there is a greater variety of music and/or changes to the music, I'm very much looking forward to hearing it. Hopefully any audio-related changes made will be reflected in the final beta release. Great music can turn a good experience into something you can remember vividly a decade+ later.

• Like 1

The track from the PAX Stream sounded at an attempt to sound like BG2. It succeeded in that attempt but I found it was lacking in a few areas. The same track also repeated almost instantly as soon as it ended which would be infuriating in game.

Jeremy Soule type of game music must be killed with fire.

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

You know the whole "What if the blue I see is not the blue YOU see, but we just both know to call it 'blue'?" dilemma? What if that happens with sound? What if someone hears something different from what another does? I mean, it's just brain signals in response to vibrations.

So, maybe someone thinks it's the greatest music ever, and someone else hates it. o_o...

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I liked the one in the stream well enough but was not a fan of the one that plays in the backer beta.

Same. Beta battle music makes me want to turn it off instantly. Since I can only watch youtube video of BB and cannot turn it off, I turn off youtube videos :( Edited by archangel979

"What if the blue I see is not the blue YOU see, but we just both know to call it 'blue'?" 

That's the kind of dilemma on par with anti-vaccines movement, aliens abducting law abiding citizens, Bermuda triangle and Chupacabra.

de gustibus non est disputandum?  ok...  but "that tastes can be cultured" I'll add

• Like 1

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

You know the whole "What if the blue I see is not the blue YOU see, but we just both know to call it 'blue'?" dilemma?

[...]

I hear this once in a while and it infuriates me. The colour blue is quantifiable, it doesn't matter if blue is actually blue or not, it is a specific wavelength of light. It is not arbitrary and it doesn't matter if what someone else sees is actually labelled "blue" or anything else; it's all the same thing either way.

God. Dammit.

What if that happens with sound? What if someone hears something different from what another does? I mean, it's just brain signals in response to vibrations.

Doesn't matter, because you will be hearing the same thing, for the same reason. Now, you might have different thoughts as to what it means, but you are definitely hearing the same thing. It's all the same vibrations.

tl;dr: Shut up, Lephys. :p

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

The battle music from the last Pax Panel was pretty nice tbh.

The only complain is that such theme was played in all  three gameplay scenes showed, but i guess we'll have more battle themes on final release.

Edited by Mazisky

I hear this once in a while and it infuriates me. The colour blue is quantifiable, it doesn't matter if blue is actually blue or not, it is a specific wavelength of light. It is not arbitrary and it doesn't matter if what someone else sees is actually labelled "blue" or anything else; it's all the same thing either way.

God. Dammit.

A) Lighten up, will ya?

B) It doesn't "matter," per se. It's just interesting, is all. Because...

Doesn't matter, because you will be hearing the same thing, for the same reason. Now, you might have different thoughts as to what it means, but you are definitely hearing the same thing. It's all the same vibrations.

... your brain doesn't directly receive vibrations, does it? I'm pretty sure it just receives whatever signals your ear sends, based on the vibrations. So maybe it gets a compile error or something. :)

Annnnywho, I was mainly being silly in bringing it up.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Truth is, I usually turn the music way down in games with combat music. Not usually because I don't like the ambient stuff, but because combat music gets really, really repetitive.

Edited by Flow

Reasonable arguments! GET your reasonable argum- Eep! It's the authorities! *flees the marketplace*

I now want to make a Cipher who specializes in arbitration, and who's so successful he earns the nickname "The Voice of Reason." :)

Just so you know what you've sparked in the mind of the Lephys, u_u...

• Like 1

A) Lighten up, will ya?

B) It doesn't "matter," per se. It's just interesting, is all. Because...

[...]

... your brain doesn't directly receive vibrations, does it? I'm pretty sure it just receives whatever signals your ear sends, based on the vibrations. So maybe it gets a compile error or something. original.gif

Annnnywho, I was mainly being silly in bringing it up.

A) No, I refuse!

B) That's schizophrenia!

:p

t50aJUd.jpg