This isn't really a complaint or a gripe but you know I have thought about some stuff lately and it occurs to me... where is the word on our Physical Goods?  The game itself will release in less than two months.  Will physical copies be shipped for release?  What about all the books, CD's, playing cards, maps, and other collectibles?  We haven't heard one word about any of it.

This concerns me slightly because I have backed a number of kickstarter projects.  I backed the Reading Rainbow thing... already got those physical goods.  Heck today I got a messenger tube in the mail and sure enough it was a photo quality glossy movie poster and mouse pad from where I backed Skyshine Games Kickstarter Bedlam.  That thing was only put on kickstarter like 4-5 months ago?

Why has my Eternity Mouse pad taken over 2 years?  Just sayin, give us some info on this stuff Obsidian.

• Like 2

I think Brandon said in the comments to update #88 that physical goods would be shipped close to 26th March in an attempt to make backers receive them at about the same time as the game is digitally released (though there might be delays depending on where each backer resides, of course).

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yeah, I don't think its too much to ask for regarding production of and anticipated shipping of physical goods.

It's been pretty hit or miss regarding some of these kickstarter projects --Wasteland 2 in particular.

I think it would be nice to know when Obsidian/Paradox anticipates on going gold with their physical discs or if the tshirts have already been printed etc.,...

Obsidian has already done a nice job for the small scale shipping of certain reward tiers (AMD Loot Bag) which is very much appreciated. But mass production and shipping is a totally different logistical animal.

Hopefully the partnership with Paradox works out --but I am optimistic.

PS

Have my Collector items been signed yet? Any video footage or photographic evidence of signers' fatigue would be appreciated!

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

All I care about is the t-shirt. I like t-shirts.

Ok, the signed stuff is always cool, but ... t-shirt, man, t-shirt.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The labor and expense to package and mail out the shirts separate from the rest of the goods would be cost prohibitive.

As a backer, I'd rather they save that money and allocate it for development rather than logistics.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

The labor and expense to package and mail out the shirts separate from the rest of the goods would be cost prohibitive.

As a backer, I'd rather they save that money and allocate it for development rather than logistics.

Perhaps that can be made an option for backers? But it might be too late for that anyway.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I know, I went t-shirt overboard with two black Obs and a Pillars. I've waited this long, whenever they get here, that's when I'll be excited. 

Also, playing cards?! From now on, only sober kickstartering. The Add-ons button is like crack, though. 

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

I know, I went t-shirt overboard with two black Obs and a Pillars. I've waited this long, whenever they get here, that's when I'll be excited. 

Also, playing cards?! From now on, only sober kickstartering. The Add-ons button is like crack, though. 

You crazy, I can't wait to hustle some chump and drop a Ace of Eder on em!  (lul seriously I do collect playing cards)

My only disappointment is that there wasn't some sort of plush horse add-on. 

I can feel your disappointment.

288.gif

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Have my Collector items been signed yet? Any video footage or photographic evidence of signers' fatigue would be appreciated!

10985988_338166536391274_491247871_n.jpg

jesawyer1975

2 hours ago

and now, the pain train begins #2800 #pillarsofeternity

• Like 6

Pics of the boxes please :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

"And for going above and beyond in the field... I award you the Silver Sharpie medal."

Or maybe it should just be the Cramping Hand pin.

There should be a minifaction in the game known as the Coalition of the Cramped Hand.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It really feels like arrival of the goods is just around the corner. I wonder if there will be tracking for the packages.

Also, let's see if this time I can recognize more signatures. I had no idea who each signature belonged to on my other signed games.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: