Sign in to follow this  
samm

Build Thread 2.0

Well, at least it's finally done. Did finally get the stupid KVM switchbox to work but it seems finicky with KB/mouse. I'll have to use it a week or so and see if it remains stable.

Speaking of wire management, the case was fairly good with that but the amount of wires in and out of the switchbox all over the desk etc. is a hellish nightmare and that's only a 2-port. I may not be all that picky about such but I'll have to figure out something to at least make it a bit more manageable. :p

pc-005.jpg

I still really dislike RGB/neon so I'm glad any of that forced on me is barely visible from my deskchair. The Gigabyte BIOS menus really aren't that bad, just different/have to learn them.

pc-002.jpg

• Like 6

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not a bad rig. When I built my ITX I was thinking about an RTX card, but the prices.. Even if I can afford it, I would feel so ripped off.

Can't wait for AMD to get back in the game so Nvidia gets some high-end competition again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

When I built my ITX I was thinking about an RTX card, but the prices.. Even if I can afford it, I would feel so ripped off.

Yeah, I totally get that. I just reach a point where my thought process ends up like "I'm already spending an extravagant amount what's another few hundred on something that hopefully will last many years".  I'll skip the next gpu generation just like I skipped 10xx. Might even skip two generations, the way my gaming habits have become.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can't wait for AMD to get back in the game so Nvidia gets some high-end competition again.

Sadly it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. :unsure:

"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
-H. H. Munro

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Can someone recommend me a good UPS? My CyberPower something or other has **** the bed on me for the last time so I'm ready to just replace it rather than keep dealing with support

Edited by ShadySands
NVM just bought something

Free games updated 3/6/19

On 10/28/2019 at 9:29 PM, ShadySands said:

Can someone recommend me a good UPS? My CyberPower something or other has **** the bed on me for the last time so I'm ready to just replace it rather than keep dealing with support

Aww, saw your edit. But I still want to recommend the Seasonic Focus+ Platinum line of PSU's. I mean, it's just a PSU but it's still an amazing piece of tech. Completely silent until needed, small form factor (relatively) and powerful (mine is 750W). Kind of costly but worth it, in my opinion. It's called the Seasonic SSR-750PX

Review: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html#section-best-psu-up-to-750-watts

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Told myself I wouldn't do this so early but I caved and bought a Radeon RX 5700, a Core i5-9600k and 8 more GiGs of ram.  The good news is that these should hold me off for at least a year and a half and with a new PSU installed I can upgrade on the fly. 

Hey, at least gaming isn't expensive as automobile junkies!