Build Thread 2.0

samm

Are people actually able to eat ramen like...once a day every day? I like ramen, but my digestive system stops functioning if I have it too much.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Are people actually able to eat ramen like...once a day every day? I like ramen, but my digestive system stops functioning if I have it too much.

Many years ago when I was young and super poor I lived an entire week eating pretty much nothing but ramen (with hot sauce, of course).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Titan X is a lot less powerful than I had expected, watching these benchmarks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Titan X is a lot less powerful than I had expected, watching these benchmarks.

It has 1/3 more transistors than a 980 and is roughly 1/3 faster on average.  What kind of performance were you expecting?  The (absurd amount of) extra VRAM will make zero difference in the vast majority of cases, even at 4K, at least right now.  Possibly games will start using more than 4GB of VRAM in the near future...  maybe.

Anyway, my reasoning for spending that absurd amount of money on that card is that it should have me set at 1440p for the foreseeable future.  Right now it can play pretty much anything completely maxed at 1440p, it might...  might be able to handle TWitcher 3 maxed at 1440p and maintain 60 FPS, if not, really close to maxed.  I don't expect games to get that much more demanding over the next several years because the PS4 and XBone will be holding them back.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For the price and hullabaloo was expecting more victories in the benchmarks. Though the 295x2's power sucking does set it back a bit.

Maybe I will buy one too, though.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the price and hullabaloo was expecting more victories in the benchmarks. Though the 295x2's power sucking does set it back a bit.

The 295X2 is absolutely a better bargain overall, but it comes with several caveats, not the least of which is the absurd power draw and the fact that the card is massive and will simply not fit in some cases.  Size is not an issue for me and I like AMD, but I simply will not buy from them because of the state of their Linux drivers.  It's too bad, since I would love to have a brand choice, but until the day comes when AMD's Linux drivers aren't light years behind Nvidia's I'm sadly attached at the hip to Team Green.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Don't worry folks, I'm here to fill in as the Why In The World Did I Just Spend So Much ****ing Money On a GPU guy.  I ordered a Titan X.  Did I need to buy it?  No.  Is it overpriced?  Absolutely.  Am I regretful?  Sorta.  My bank account hates my guts right now.  Am I crazy?  Plenty of people might say "yes".  That card's going to be the 1440p champion, though.  :wowey:

I'm going to be eating nothing but rice and ramen noodles for the rest of the year.  :p

Ah, I know that feeling all too well.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I'm too much of a cheap to get the Titan X. Going to get a new case before anything, but perhaps will grab a new GPU in 2016.

Good ramen absolutely. Never did ramen noodle weeks myself, as I knew people who worked at food stores.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

if you want a quiet one, NH-D15 is the way to go. It performs the same as any AIO liquid cooler save a few top of the line big radiator ones, although it's more quiet them 90% of them (I can speak for CM ones from experience).

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I got that board for my uncle recently (built him a computer). It seemed a little overpriced...but he wanted orange, so he got orange. Besides being overpriced IMO and a somewhat tacky BIOS, it seems like a good board with a good feature set.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Aww yeah, something arrived for me today and it's sexy...  and overpriced.  Check out his overpriced sexiness:

aW1zuhD.jpg

• Like 6

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That card is likely worth more than both of my systems...

Although I'm due for an upgrade soon (maybe over the summer depending on how much it'll cost me and if I stick with laptops or go back to a decktop - or maybe both).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Aww yeah, something arrived for me today and it's sexy...  and overpriced.  Check out his overpriced sexiness:

aW1zuhD.jpg

Marred by the reflection of the fool with the camera!

• Like 1

aW1zuhD.jpg

Marred by the reflection of the fool with the camera!

Fool indeed.   :p

The build quality on this card is exceptional.  By comparison, the card I took out felt like a little plastic toy compared to the precision built professional machine I put in its place.  Not that it matters, it could feel like paper-mache so long as it lasts, stays (relatively) cool, and gives me all the FPS.  ALL OF THEM.  EVERY SINGLE ONE.  I don't want any FPS left for the rest of you.  I'm greedy like that.  :teehee:

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸