Leadsplitter damage calculations etc

wanderon

Looking at Leadsplitter - description says 8 projectiles does this mean the damage range shown (10-15) is for EACH projectile?

You also have 2 DT bypasses listed - rending for 5DT bypass and regular DT reduction of 4 bypass - do these stack to 9?

Also what exactly does Target plus length 14.2 meters mean for AoE - does the shot do damage within the length as it moves toward the target?

Additional comments on pros and cons of this weapon welcome as well... :disguise:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I did a little testing with it and it does appear to "spread" those projectiles as well - two lions were coming at me with some space in between them and I targeted the one on the left and hit and damaged both. It does not seem to indicate a "score" for all 8 projectiles every time it fires tho and as you say I have not seen damage over 10 from a single bullet with the limited amount of testing I did.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Mine was doing absurd damage, equipped by just the BB priest. I saw over 20 damage from individual projectiles multiple times and I think each projectile can crit. I wondered if I might've had a bug by the end of the BB 'cause I think the highest I saw was something like 83, 19, 12 all in one shot. Yes, 83. I did have some buffs up but it seemed ridiculous that my priest was gibbing things left and right.

Using the BB rogue at close range with Leadspitter I was seeing damage of around 9-13 (sneak attacks) for all 8 shots. All 8 pellets didn't always hit (just most of the time with the rogue) but when they did 8 x 10-13 DMG was nearly killing some of the Cultists at the crossings with 1 (well 8x ) attack.

The bypasses do stack which is what makes leadspitter so effective as the normal/fine blunderbuss which you can acquire does a lot less damage per shot as armour blocks half the damage for each pellet.

Edited by aeonsim