What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Finished playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Now I am not a big COD fan(especially when it comes to multiplayer and such) but the main campaign was great. The story was ok, the weapons were fun to shoot and the exo-suit works great!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finished Infamous First Light.  Maybe it's because it was free, so my expectations weren't very high coming in.  But I have to say I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.  The combat was fun, the story was straightforward and obvious which direction it was heading, and the various open world activities were cool.

Considering I've never played any games from this series before, it was good enough that I'm actually thinking about picking up the previous games for cheap.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing Cities, right now my industry is collapsed due to lack of workers, hm, but is rather fun trying to optimize the flow of traffic and goods even if I'm clearly no expert at it.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So while I am waiting for PoE i was revisiting some of the earlier Total War titles, then tried to start up BG saga but decided I wont be able to complete it before to release so I dropped it, then I got a free 1993 Syndicate (god I am old) on Origins, and played it... it is still a very good game and the midi sounds of the game are still good, I was surprised how enjoyable it still is even after those 20 years. I miss some new features, like for example auto-targeting once you give attack order, better UI for group control, etc to streamline it a bit, but the game play and setting are just really good... and this game is 22years old....

oh and I also play once in a while some Homeworld and Age of Wonders 3

Relic gimme a new Homeworld dammit

Edited by Darkpriest

Homeworld rights have passed to Gearbox, who subsequently handed out the name to Blackbird Interactive. which includes alumni from Relic, for their project, "Shipbreakers" (which will function as a game in the Homeworld universe).

I still think very, very highly of Relic, and I hope to see another Dawn of War soon.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

oh well... on the side note. I felt nostalgia and part of me wishes for a good Syndicate remake, and not that recent FPS crap which EA released not so long ago...

there is sooooooo much potential for the remastered Syndicate with new UI better graphics and slightly better combat controls...

I'm grinding trophies on Danganronpa. Not very exciting to be honest, killing time until today's release of Tales from the Borderlands and next weeks Borderlands The Handsome Collection and Bloodborne.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still playing Pier Solar and the Great Architects.  I'm starting to think I won't finish it before PoE.  Oh well, off to the backburner it will go if I do indeed fail to finish it by March 26th.  Beyond that, I'm running my Cannon Engineer in Torchlight 2, where I'm about halfway through the game, and still occasionally playing some Dying Light.  I have 2 side quests left to finish and a couple challenges.  Sadly, I'm all out of quarantine zones to go through, which is a bummer, because I really like those.

Mostly, I'm in clear the plate, if possible, and don't start anything substantial before march 26th mode.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3rd dragon in Dragon Age: Inquisition is down. I tried to beat the one on the Dragon Island but it obliterated me.

On my Vita, I am playing Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. I don't even know if "play" is the right word but I am having a good time.

I'm not sure which game to give a go next.  Battlefield Hardline intrigues me, as does the Final Fantasy remake that was released today.  But neither intrigue me *that much* to make me jump and get them.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing through the Orlesian Ball in DA:I and hoping I can wrap it up within the next week.  I'm going to try and stay away from the big areas and just go for the main quests.

It's not that long if you don't get caught up in doing all the side stuff.

Cities Skylines still. I sure wouldn't want to live in my city in some areas, my core district is pretty badly designed. Still it is fun to set up a low density residential area across the river and watch the commuters move (idiots drive rather than take a subway, *snort*)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tales from the Borderlands Episode 2! I don't know if I love it as much as I loved episode 1, but I do know that I love it.

Anyway, I'm also starting up Borderlands 2 for the Vita on my PS TV. It was such a dumb impulse buy, $20 and you're supposed to get bonuses when transferring the save to next week's Handsome Collection. The game looks like the lowest of low PC settings, but all of the gameplay is completely intact. The models look pretty good up close, too. So it's surprising just how much was accomplished.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tales from the Borderlands is giving me an incentive to grant the overall Borderlands experience another shot with the Handsome Colleciton, so I'll consider that once the backlog is getting smaller.

With those episodic games, I like to wait until the entire season is done and they come out with their "full season" compilation.  It's one of the reasons I haven't picked up Resident Evil Revelations 2 yet.

• Like 2

Haven't played it in a while, but 7 Days to Die is moving to Unity5 for the next update, and this afternoon, glancing through the art guy's blog is making it seem like a vast improvement visually. I'm sure it still won't be uber graphically or anything, but a big improvement. I especially like the detail of the biomes finally not just being these ugly sudden hardlines, but more of a transition period. http://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/   Still no update release date but probably end of month...hopefully my head/brain will cooperate and I'll get to play it (along with PoE) upon release.

...before migraines started up again, I had gotten one character in Path of Exile to lvl60ish and the personal hideout to two sections. Based on the brutal gear-check aspect of the 3rd difficulty, it's unlikely I'll get much farther. Too much work for me. Oh and the RNG of the gem/orb stuff was horrendous. After using up 50 of one type just trying to get 3 sockets on a weapon to be the color combo I wanted, I decided to ignore that method. :p Probably won't go back to it again anyway, until Act4 in April or whatever. If then.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

With those episodic games, I like to wait until the entire season is done and they come out with their "full season" compilation.  It's one of the reasons I haven't picked up Resident Evil Revelations 2 yet.

That's what I like to do too.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just couldn't get into another run of Fear 2. Not very diligently, but I have been playing a bit o' Torchlight. Not exactly hall of fame material, but I'm liking it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Playing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, it's a fun game, I really enjoy the banter between Lady Katerina and Van Helsing. Just got to place traps in the Lair for the first time, let's see where things go from here :)