PAX South 2015 live thread

My impressions so far:

• Areas look rad.
  • Icons look rad.
  • Spell effects are pretty cool but I understand the cluster**** concerns going on in the beta forums.
  • "Droid army" effect is still there; hopefully it will get fixed for release.
  • Music is pretty good imho (yes, that includes the combat track—though really, there should be at least three combat tracks to have some variety since combat is such a big part of the game).
  • Character highlighting looks awful and has to go. Thanks Bester/Sensuki for removing it with your mod.
  • Drakes/dragons look rad.
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That gameplay demo was pretty short.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hmm, don't know if it was the right decision to just show some random brawls, bits and pieces.

I'm a big fan and watching that I didn't feel much, if I didn't know the game I'd probably feel confused with Josh and Brandon just going through the motions, not even talking much.

Not wanting to spoil even the slightest bit of story makes for a pretty dull experience for new viewers.

Obsidian wants to make a turn based game. Hopefully in the cards down the line.

well, josh and tim want to.

Feargus like on the history game issue is probably a lot more reserved.

Edited by C2B

Obsidian wants to make a turn based game. Hopefully in the cards down the line.

well, josh and tim want to.

Feargus like on the history game issue is probably a lot more reserved.

Well...atleast the panelists seem to be united on their stance for TB. Even Chris with his sarcasm.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

They very briefly showed off three new areas: Raedric's Hold, something-something, and a level of Od Nua. Then they held the Q&A.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It's a shame that no one asked about things that are still (for some people) considered issues within the game e.g. droid army or combat/attribute system. I was hoping that someone who spent a lot of time with the beta would be there and ask questions. For me most of the questions weren't really interesting. Although I'm happy that they'll try to do an "AI" for your party in the expansion.

It's a shame that no one asked about things that are still (for some people) considered issues within the game e.g. droid army or combat/attribute system. I was hoping that someone who spent a lot of time with the beta would be there and ask questions. For me most of the questions weren't really interesting. Although I'm happy that they'll try to do an "AI" for your party in the expansion.

Eh... this kind of thing is more useful as a way to market the game to a larger audience. Someone asking granular questions about the stuff forum grogs fight about wouldn't have been helpful or interesting to most people there.

• Like 3

I would be more interested in advanced/smart AI for enemies (not just for expansion areas though; the contrast with the original encounters would be weird)