Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

Anyone else starting to think Sarkeesian is just an actor McIntosh pays to be the face of his idiocy?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Anyone else starting to think Sarkeesian is just an actor McIntosh pays to be the face of his idiocy?

No we've been thinking that for a while. Given Anita's background previously working for a PUA and Josh's status as writer/producer, it isn't much of a stretch.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, I called that several threads ago when it came out that she used to do PR.

In the ABC Nightline video Anita doesn't look stressed, concerned, tired, or anyway distressed. Frankly she looks happy, glowing even, like a person who just won some money. Yet she claims she has to have guards, because of death threats. That was the wake up call for me. I used to think she was a true believer just incompetent. Now I'm 100% sure she's there for the money and that's it. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Yeah, I called that several threads ago when it came out that she used to do PR.

In the ABC Nightline video Anita doesn't look stressed, concerned, tired, or anyway distressed. Frankly she looks happy, glowing even, like a person who just won some money. Yet she claims she has to have guards, because of death threats. That was the wake up call for me. I used to think she was a true believer just incompetent. Now I'm 100% sure she's there for the money and that's it. 

There are probably still crackpots who would bother her on the street and on public appearances. I don't think that should be counted as the cost of doing business, whatever else one thinks of her. 

Also the ABC interview was legitimate. Why should she not be composed, people generally don't break down into tears during these types of events. She is a skilled and experienced public speaker so I would expect her to demonstrate the equanimity she displayed.

Thats normal for someone in her position 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You mean an evil anzi soulish anti woman racist piece of crap who lies to sucker money out of morans? Yeah, I agree. She's no different than the infamous tv avangelists of yesteryear. Just another con artist religious freak conning poor souls. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Slightly related:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/05/twitter-ceo-admits-we-suck-at-dealing-with-abuse?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Twitter CEO admits they suck at dealing with abuse, claiming they're losing "core user after core user".

EDIT:

The Co-Optional Podcast featuring TotalBiscuit debating with Jason Schreier. I didn't get around to watching it, but here it is.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

unudTOJ.png

**** that FF bull**** guise

giphy.gif

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Hi everyone, I'm busy lately so don't get to read into news all that much, so instead I nominate myself comic relief of the thread until I not busy anymore. Enjoy your daily meaningless lulz:

http://aseasonedplateofmurder.tumblr.com/post/72164228076/cunicular-your-first-time-is-not-supposed-to

http://i.imgur.com/VDe6acS.jpg

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The Co-Optional Podcast featuring TotalBiscuit debating with Jason Schreier. I didn't get around to watching it, but here it is.

I've watched it live. Not the entire thing though. Was there some kind of debate? Because I've seen no signs of such.

I've watched it live. Not the entire thing though. Was there some kind of debate? Because I've seen no signs of such.

It was me and i mispoke. He was simply co-opting the panel discussion. Nothing really of note in the end.

Part III of the Pinsof story: http://techraptor.net/content/gamergate-destrutoid-interview-allistair-pinsof-part-3

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They talk a bit on the Co-Optional podcast about publisher events where they bring in youtubers to stream events and the ethics of how some they just let you film freely and in others there are some agreements about the content in place starting at about 58 minutes and going on for a while.  That's as Gamergate-y as they get in the podcast.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I like that rebuttal. "Since I'm a real journalist, I asked the people who were said to be corrupt if they were and they said 'nuh uh' so it's not true."

:lol:

Honestly, besides the excessively antigg tone I didn't find much wrong with the article, it never really claims those people aren't lying, all it says is "The people are denying it.", and the article doesn't include any writing that strongly implies that they were obviously telling the truth and that Pinsof was making stuff up. It then goes on to IndieJournoPros, downplays it a bit, then says that whether or not it was abused is pretty much impossible to prove or disprove, and that we'll never know. Finally it goes into the Fez stuff, provided the guy in the interview actually said what's being claimed he said without a gun to his head, that pretty heavily discredits Pinsofs story about Fez, and Pinsofs reliability as a whole. Quite frankly, seeing as that guy didn't get the idea of the 3d/2d system himself, and merely forwarded it to Fish, I'd say I don't see any wrongdoing here, sure it sucks for the guy that Fish got Fez out first, but stuff happens, of course with the indie scene and game journalism the way it is, a gun to his head, even unintentionally, is a possibility.

I really don't get what's wrong with that article, the people in the first portion of it are obviously unreliable narrators, but seeing as there's a good chance Pinsof heavily exaggerated the story about Fez, I'd say Pinsof might not be the most reliable narrator either.

Oh yeah, the title is quite loaded, didn't read the title before posting...

Edited by Shallow

I'd say that it doesn't come out and state it, but it certainly does strongly imply it. The first paragraphs really color it, referring to the interviews (being the subject of the latest "freakout") as "half truths", "flimsy evidence" and "totally misleading". The title itself refers to the content of the interviews as "a conspiracy theory". Sure, they make no absolute statements but they've presented their conclusion already, totally coloring their flimsy takedowns of the interview.

I'm not saying they're wrong. Pinsof doesn't seem like a very trustworthy guy to me, and at best just comes off as someone who already had a bone to pick with these people, but that article is drivel that tries to sell the bear's fur before they kill it.

• Like 2

How the devil does anybody watch this simpering piffle? The ginger gentleman who ruined the recent Poe runthrough is moderately annoying, but that little squeaking Schreier chap is positively afflicted by all indications. Then again morons working for Kotaku, hardly a surprise. Still TB and the young lady were tolerable, but I could only manage a half an hour or so.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

How the devil does anybody watch this simpering piffle? The ginger gentleman who ruined the recent Poe runthrough is moderately annoying, but that little squeaking Schreier chap is positively afflicted by all indications. Then again morons working for Kotaku, hardly a surprise. Still TB and the young lady were tolerable, but I could only manage a half an hour or so.

Lots of drugs.

• Like 1

Ah yes I imagine this would be far more engaging for an Hashish eater or smoker.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

You don't like Jesse Cox?  I find him pretty funny and entertaining.  To each their own, I guess.  As for listening to it, it;s something I'll put on as background noice at work.  I can have it playing and do my work (the work that I can do at my desk, anyway).  If something catches my interest, I'll pause it and listen closer on break, otherwise it;s mostly ambiance.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why should anyone believe a single a word printed on Kotaku? That boat sailed long ago.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why should anyone believe a single a word printed on Kotaku? That boat sailed long ago.

Ah but consider the following:

Kotaku wrote an article about GamerGate with zero mention of harassment, death threats or rape threats, the LWs, womens in gaming or any kind of gender issues. None of these. While a mocking article for sure, it was purely about corruption in gaming. They just broke the ****ing narrative.

• Like 3

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

^Hahaha

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy