Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

I'm hearing Twitter rumblings that Polygon is trying to take on PewDiePie? Quick google search brought nothing but I didn't really know what search terms to use.

Either way, are they INSANE?

Just this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8oel60CUAEKg6j.jpg

Basically it's just them using dramatic language for the sake of clickbait.

Also in the interest of showing there's harassment (or "harassment" if you will in the case of anonymous tweets) from both sides, someone made a compilation vid:

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I'm hearing Twitter rumblings that Polygon is trying to take on PewDiePie? Quick google search brought nothing but I didn't really know what search terms to use.

Either way, are they INSANE?

Just this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8oel60CUAEKg6j.jpg

Basically it's just them using dramatic language for the sake of clickbait.

Also in the interest of showing there's harassment (or "harassment" if you will in the case of anonymous tweets) from both sides, someone made a compilation vid:

Someone send this to Intel please.

Are the dyed hair and the glasses part of a mandated uniform?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposematism

So it's actually a defense mechanism?

Who knows, maybe from their perspective it is...

From my perspective, it's a warning sign that says "Poisonous. Do not engage."

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

No idea if related or not, but I thought it was funny. Also I haven't posted in this new thread here yet, which I have now done. What a productive day this is.

G42PGfu.jpg

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Thought this was rather inspiring and positive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jraM0fF0xi8

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I noticed a few times already that people seem to like to refer to her as "jewkeesian" or similar. Guess people are idiots.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I noticed a few times already that people seem to like to refer to her as "jewkeesian" or similar. Guess people are idiots.

In my experience, the usual response is "go back to /pol/".

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

the moment women start to demand equal parity as earth drillers i will support them, for now I am ignoring both extremes. BTW, why is this still going, like 99% of normal populace is not even caring about this.

Ignoring attention whores is the best remedy for them. The moment you start arguing with them you give them legitimacy

Edited by Darkpriest

"The moment you start arguing with them you give them legitimacy"

So, when the proseuction argues/questions a mass murder... they'e giving them 'legitmacy'? LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Drillers of Earth is a cool band name

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"The moment you start arguing with them you give them legitimacy"

So, when the proseuction argues/questions a mass murder... they'e giving them 'legitmacy'? LMAO

i believe you missed the first sentence there... there is a difference between attention whores and mass murderers

At least you guys aren't talking about e-celeb drama.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Okay, which one of you guys decided to troll anti-GG with the hashtag #PizzaGate? :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's an old video from around when GamerGate started and it isn't game related, but the rhetoric used against comic book fans being sexist is exactly the same as gamers being sexist. 

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 4

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.