Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

Well TB is getting dogpiled for poking at otherkin and destroying Wu.

1422040172193.png

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, apparently there is a vetting process where they determine if you're the right kind of victim for their company (whatever happened to listen and believe and not victim blaming?).

Also they apparently reach out to victims that they feel would make a good fit for their company.

A lot of the stuff they wrote deals with ways to protect yourself from getting doxxed, etc. If someone else like a GGer wrote it they would brand it as victim blaming.

The Georgina Young one was much more effective criticism. The first one just came off like all the bad anti gg articles. I would think a harassment support network would be something someone who is harassed goes to, rather than something that would reach out to the harassed, so his points fell flat to me.

Well, apparently there is a vetting process where they determine if you're the right kind of victim for their company (whatever happened to listen and believe and not victim blaming?).

Also they apparently reach out to victims that they feel would make a good fit for their company.

Seriously though, why would a help group need to vet people before they help them? I seriously expect this thing to become "Victim.Inc".

I can't wondering if Zoe's Patreon money is funneled into this. If so, i wouldn't be surprised if it will be filed as an charity.....que tax-free patreon-ca$h.

Why is the countdown to August the 16th btw?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well TB is getting dogpiled for poking at otherkin and destroying Wu.

1422040172193.png

They are really getting stupidly desperate.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't get how making fun of idiots on tumblr is transphobic.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's not.  Throwing their own absurdity in their faces is not only funny, but exceedingly appropriate and very much called for, in my opinion.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's not.  Throwing their own absurdity in their faces is not only funny, but exceedingly appropriate and very much called for, in my opinion.

Stop trivializing my struggle as octokatkin ****lord.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Stop trivializing my struggle as octokatkin ****lord.

It was funny the first time, now its just getting confusing.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Regarding TB's tweet, it's completely out of context. If you see it with the other tweets in that series, he was ridiculing otherkin specifically because they co-opt and trivialize transgender issues. Calling that transphobic is a blatant and malicious lie and completely illustrates the problem with the social media call out culture that exists today. It's such a malicious, slanderous act that I considered it harassment and for the first time ever gave enough of a **** about that woman to go out of my way to report her on Twitter.

I was just gonna post about Femfreq planning to offer merchandise (for a fee of course), but my link to 8chan died since their gamergate board is under attack again :(

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I was just gonna post about Femfreq planning to offer merchandise (for a fee of course), but my link to 8chan died since their gamergate board is under attack again :(

It's back up for me.

So this is what started the TB thing:

gold.png

Wasn't aware transgender people were all toasters.

Isn't it expensive as **** to keep an attack like that running this long?

Also, I've recently been playing the hell out of Binding of Isaac, and Judas is OP as ****. Magdalene, Jesus' friend who loved the D, is also pretty good, whereas Eve - a strong independent woman who eats apples and don't need no man - is kinda meh. Let's flip our lids and accuse the developers of Binding of Isaac being anti-religion and discriminatory because the game encourages playing as the guy who betrayed Jesus or encourages women to love the D instead of being independent if they want to survive.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

It's back up for me.

Huh, must've been solved pretty quickly after i logged off then. Oh well, these were the news that i was talking about:

- FemFreq makes almost 400k in december 2014 alone. 2015 will branch out with merchandise (i think that anyone can easily conclude what a con this is by now): https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 

- eCeleb-drama: Brianna Wu's husband seems to have been quite abuse according to his ex-wife: http://theralphretort.com/giant-spacekats-frank-wu-under-fire-as-ex-wife-details-domestic-violence-0124015/

- 4Chan logs leaked, showing that the admin chose to shut down any gamergate discussion due to "bad PR" (l0l0l0000l) and how the janitors agree that 4chan is not a place for people feeling bad about themselves (tr0l0l000000000ol): http://8ch.net/gamergate/res/272801.html

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

http://techraptor.net/content/behind-scenes-feels-like-gamergate-target-interview-chris-scott

Interview with the dude from 8-bit and Up who was featured in the segment. Seems his 30min interview was cut quite a bit.

Bit off-topic, but they have Battletoads there as well.

Guess what site has updated their disclousure policy?

https://twitter.com/BoogiepopRobin/status/559672067571077120/photo/1

Now i gladly await Ben ragequitting and, Gamasutra appologizing and Leigh Alexander going freelance and all focus can be on Vox Media.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

- eCeleb-drama: Brianna Wu's husband seems to have been quite abuse according to his ex-wife: http://theralphretort.com/giant-spacekats-frank-wu-under-fire-as-ex-wife-details-domestic-violence-0124015/

Not really sure how this is relevant to GamersGate - and bothering to discuss it in a GamersGate context (IMO) just feeds the idea that GamersGate isn't about ethics in journalism.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Not really sure how this is relevant to GamersGate - and bothering to discuss it in a GamersGate context (IMO) just feeds the idea that GamersGate isn't about ethics in journalism.

Agreed.  I'd say the guy's past is neither here nor there.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just wrote my first review for Based Gamer (Bayonetta 2).  I did my best to be thorough and as objective as I possibly could be.  Plus, I left them some suggestions for things that could be improved.  Most notably, there was no section for Content/Value (how appropriate you feel the amount of content was for the price tag), which I feel should be a section.  On the bright side, I like the new ratings (Needs Improvement, Average, Excellent, Exceptional) better than the previous.  It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this site.  I'll certainly try to do what I can to help it along.  I'll likely write another review or two tomorrow since I'll almost certainly be home (we're about to get hammered by a major snow storm), provided I don't lose power or if I do, for however long my laptop lasts.

Edit:  Thinking about it some more, I think I'm going to suggest that they change "Excellent" to "Good' or "Great".  It just might be confusing having 2 ratings that not only start with the same letter, but also look alike a bit.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I just wrote my first review for Based Gamer (Bayonetta 2).  I did my best to be thorough and as subjective as I possibly could be.  Plus, I left them some suggestions for things that could be improved.  Most notably, there was no section for Content/Value (how appropriate you feel the amount of content was for the price tag), which I feel should be a section.  On the bright side, I like the new ratings (Needs Improvement, Average, Excellent, Exceptional) better than the previous.  It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this site.  I'll certainly try to do what I can to help it along.  I'll likely write another review or two tomorrow since I'll almost certainly be home (we're about to get hammered by a major snow storm), provided I don't lose power or if I do, for however long my laptop lasts.

Edit:  Thinking about it some more, I think I'm going to suggest that they change "Excellent" to "Good' or "Great".  It just might be confusing having 2 ratings that not only start with the same letter, but also look alike a bit.

You're a journalist?!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You're a journalist?!

No, but they will have community reviews.  People often trust user reviews more than press reviews anyway, so long as they're not stupid "Within the first 10 minutes I threw my controller across the room.  10/10 would throw controller again" joke reviews.  Also, I meant to obviously write "objective" instead of "subjective" (doh!).  Changed in my original post now, but obviously not in your quote block.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸