What you having for dinner tonight?

Tale

I'm having the most American breakfast imaginable, cold pizza.

Fact: cold pizza > reheated pizza.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'd like to see the math on that one

Shady some potential good news, I may be coming to a conference for 7 days in Colorado

If I do lets go out for dinner, I can treat you and your wife because they give me an entertainment budget. Maybe we can find a weed restaurant, where you can smoke and then eat? Im not sure if they exist but if not then something different ...maybe that Buckhorn restaurant ? And we can go large because I am allowed to use it twice to take customers out  :dancing:

Check the menu for 3 guests

http://www.buckhornexchange.com/suppermenu.php

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://hillsidetavern.co.za/

Just got back from dinner with friends, had a delicious rack of ribs 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Anyone out there know lots about hot sauce? Trying to get into it. Grabbed a bottle of Cholula a few weeks back only to find out that's probably the weakest stuff. And recently grabbed a bottle of Louisiana. That's doing only a little better. Both are delicious, but I'd like something that's a bit harder on me. I can slather a slice of pizza and only end up finding the residual heat to be mildly annoying.

But I don't want to go crazy, just looking to graduate.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Anyone out there know lots about hot sauce? Trying to get into it. Grabbed a bottle of Cholula a few weeks back only to find out that's probably the weakest stuff. And recently grabbed a bottle of Louisiana. That's doing only a little better. Both are delicious, but I'd like something that's a bit harder on me. I can slather a slice of pizza and only end up finding the residual heat to be mildly annoying.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2017/02/kenjis-favorite-hot-sauces-chili-pepper.html

Written by Kenji Lopez-Alt. Taught me how to boil eggs and pasta. Serious credibility for me.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

If you want something that tastes good and has plenty of kick then I'd recommend FYM hot sauce.  I have a bottle of their original hot sauce in my fridge.  It's delicious but I use it very sparingly because it's really hot.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Some really good recommendations already for hot sowses so I'll just list my favorite pairings

Pizza = Sriracha

Baked or grilled chicken = Nando's

Fried chicken = Gochujang or a Louisiana style hot sauce (Crystal, Trappey's, Louisiana, etc.)

Ramen = Sriracha or Gochujang

Most soul food = Louisiana or Red Devil

Almost forgot this one

Potato chips - any vinegary hot sauce

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Some unseasonably cold air has moved in for the coming week, so I decided to make some chili in the crock pot.

n86cufM.jpg

Nothing fancy: Ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos.  Good times.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a hamburger at a the newest burger restaurant in town, great burger, 200g meat, fresh cheese with three herbs, bbq-sauce and japalpeno cream, sallad, tomato and lemon and honeypickled red onion. It was fan-frigging tastic, and the fries! They cut the potatoes in the shop, so none of that frozen **** you typically get, consistency was awesome.

I feel like I can die right now though, because I'm so frigging full... But I want more! ;(

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Fresh fries are the best. Even if they're not super crisp there's just a flavor there that destroys frozen.

Anyways I ate a protein shake and will probably grab a burrito or salad for lunch.

Some unseasonably cold air has moved in for the coming week, so I decided to make some chili in the crock pot.

n86cufM.jpg

Nothing fancy: Ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos.  Good times.

Beans in chili? You should be ashamed.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

technically, tomatoes is also verboten.  beans began appearing as a common ingredient in chili a fair bit earlier than tomatoes.

*shrug*

chili (and goulash) is so regional diverse, am thinking it matters very little if one is "authentic" when making such dishes... 'less one claims to be authentic.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Sometimes simple things are surprisingly awesome.

Made myself one of my favorite "lazy" foods - just boil potatoes, peel while they're still hot, cut them into finger-food sized chunks, liberally add butter (ideally real butter) and some salt and enjoy.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

eggs.  give up meat and cheese would be intolerable, but the one ingredient we simple cannot do w/o is the humble egg.  poached. fried. scrambled.  am not certain we have a "lazy" food, but the omelet is our most common meal. is almost limitless combinations.  is also a great way to make use of leftovers. 

duck fat home fries typical accompanies our omelets. lachrymose.  am rare getting a chance to use lachrymose in a sentence.  watch brian's song and become lachrymose? perhaps one becomes melancholy and lachrymose when a loved one dies? unexpected out of duck fat. lachrymose.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 2 weeks later...

Leftover cold Costco pizza from the office fridge. Best way to enjoy this delicacy.

Made some lamb ragu to go with some porcini mezzelune

Ended up going to bucatini instead because the missus didn't want me to blend the ragu and the thick noodles suited the chunkier sowse better

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm going cheapskate lunch for the next week, so I threw half a bag of (previously) frozen Italian meatballs (cut in half, because that's how I roll) in a pot along with a jar of spaghetti sauce and boiled up some angel hair spaghetti.  $7 = delicious lunch for the next week.  Hard to beat that.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸