What you having for dinner tonight?

Tale

There is a written universe law that says when one cooks any type of red pasta sauce, one must end up with said said on one's shirt.

...spicy It. sausage, olive, mushroom spaghetti sauce, tossed with rigatoni, dumped into a baking dish and baked further (with cheese on top of course) ... I'm not a huge pasta person (hubby is) but this one came out perfect. Yum.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It was totally a stoney baloney snack, but no puff puff give 'round here. Chug chug burp, usually. Mary just makes me sad, don't know why.  

Yeah I hear that from several people I know where smoking weed makes them feel  either paranoid, stupid or depressed. So they just wont do it 

But I think this is to do with the quality of weed a persons smokes, cheap weed can make you feel like that. I only suffer from feeling stupid at times when I'm stoned...but that's part of the fun. My natural personality is where I tend to think about many things all at once and sometimes this can be a little  disruptive. So  focusing and thinking about one thing, like a TV series or funny movie, is a nice break for me 

Even the dankest of the dank brings the clouds, for me, don't know why, although the gloom is a delayed reaction, so, I just leave it alone nowdays. 

Had some terrific burgers in Utah, the Hawaiian special with BBQ sauce, a pineapple slice, mad tasty bacon. And pink sauce, for the cheesy fries, oh my goodness. The place is called JCW's in the city of American Fork. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I am absurdly hungry. I don't know why, I ate plenty yesterday. I've never felt this hungry in my whole life. It's friggin' annoying! This is bull crap. I hope this super hunger subsides. I'm not caving in to it. I'll eat when I decide it's time to eat; not just cuz' feel uber hungry.

I'm not sure what I'll be eating today, but I need something to sate this mega hunger.

EDIT: Hey! I think I've figured out why I'm so hungry! I've been doing a lot more working out (like a LOT more) in the past two weeks, but haven't been increasing my food intake much (if any). I'm gonna have a bigger dinner than I usually would, and it's gonna be chicken. That should should solve my hunger issue.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

We just had lamb chops seared in smoked garlic, rosemary, and maldon sea salt. Mashed spuds, steamed broccoli.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We just had lamb chops seared in smoked garlic, rosemary, and maldon sea salt. Mashed spuds, steamed broccoli.

That sounds so good... I LOVE garlic. I can't wait until dinner.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I made some hot and sour soup the other day which turned out delicious

Today I used some of the left over ingredients and whipped up a simple dish of pork, tofu, and wood ear mushrooms lightly stir fried in sesame oil and topped with sweet chili sauce

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Got company over today. We're smoking a brisket Texas style. I started with a whole Packer with a dry rub. I let it rest in the refrigerator for 36 hours. This morning I lit the smoker using apple wood chunks and put apple juice in the water pan. It's right at 215 right now and just smells beautiful. Seven more hours to go.

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got company over today. We're smoking a brisket Texas style. I started with a whole Packer with a dry rub. I let it rest in the refrigerator for 36 hours. This morning I lit the smoker using apple wood chunks and put apple juice in the water pan. It's right at 215 right now and just smells beautiful. Seven more hours to go.

OMG that sounds amazing. We generally don't cook Brisket at barbecues in South Africa but I see how popular they are in the USA 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dinner was seriously awesome by the way. The best part is there is enough left for a weeks worth of sandwiches.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

I made a bolognese from scratch just like my nonexistent Italian grandma used to make

It took like all day but it turned out great. Not sure if it was worth all the time that I put into it since I had other stuff I needed to get done but as a fan of delicious flavor I can't not definitely say that it wasn't not unworth it

Edit for Bruce- PS I'm having it with some fruit punch/cherry Kool-Aid mix just like traditional Italians  :thumbsup:

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I made a bolognese from scratch just like my nonexistent Italian grandma used to make

It took like all day but it turned out great. Not sure if it was worth all the time that I put into it since I had other stuff I needed to get done but as a fan of delicious flavor I can't not definitely say that it wasn't not unworth it

Edit for Bruce- PS I'm having it with some fruit punch/cherry Kool-Aid mix just like traditional Italians  :thumbsup:

our plans to do bolognese almost invariably become ragu.  no milk? we rare have milk in the fridge. well, we always got tomatoes, so...

bolognese becomes ragu.

HA! Good Fun!

ps not to be a snob, but we will note that bolognese is typical served with white kool-aids as 'posed to reds.  not wanna suffer a kool-aid faux pas.   

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I

That's gastronomic heresy !!! Gastronomic heresy...you need to drink Red Wine with bolognese ...the same good Red Wine you made the bolognese with  :geek:

By the way I make a killer bolognese, it takes about 3 hours 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I

That's gastronomic heresy !!! Gastronomic heresy...you need to drink Red Wine with bolognese ...the same good Red Wine you made the bolognese with  :geek:

if you make your bolognese with red wine, then you is likely actual making a ragu... and we scoff at 3 hours.  dry white wine, beef stock and milk is your traditional cooking fluids for a genuine bolognese.  simmer MINIMUM 4 hours... if you is rushed.  5-6 is our typical simmer time. we actual serve the following day as is one o' the foods that is best when given a chance to reabsorb flavors after a night. but again, we almost always go ragu instead.

HA! Good Fun!

ps depending on your meat choice, your stock might change, but how many home chefs have veal stock on hand?  we got chicken, beef, and veggie stock... and for a few months after thanksgiving we have turkey stock in the freezer.  

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I

if you make your bolognese with red wine, then you is likely actual making a ragu... and we scoff at 3 hours.  dry white wine, beef stock and milk is your traditional cooking fluids for a genuine bolognese.  simmer MINIMUM 4 hours... if you is rushed.  5-6 is our typical simmer time. we actual serve the following day as is one o' the foods that is best when given a chance to reabsorb flavors after a night. but again, we almost always go ragu instead.

HA! Good Fun!

ps depending on your meat choice, your stock might change, but how many home chefs have veal stock on hand?  we got chicken, beef, and veggie stock... and for a few months after thanksgiving we have turkey stock in the freezer.  

Sure, my recipe does actually say 4-5 hours

But I have found 3 hours does work, I normally can't wait longer than that :)

I don't use stock for my bolognese. The only liquid I add is 500 ml red wine and 1 tin of tomato puree and 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 

And then I add 250 ml cream or milk for the last 20 minutes. I use about  1 KG of beef mince 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Beef brisket.

It didn't work out so good. I think I failed to cook it right. Too tough.

Asparagus. No wine, but a shot of gin afterwards, to cut through the fatty aftertaste. Not my best effort. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guys how is the pizza I ordered 

Salami, ham, mushrooms, onion, peppers ,garlic, artichokes. olives, feta, banana, pepperdews and Gorgonzola   :dancing:  :dancing:

John Milton 

Spicy BLT Whopper combination, seriously start-to-finish delicious. Even the pickles, and onions, who am I. BK and Wendy's have really achieved good food. I don't know if it's good for me, exactly, but it feels incredible in my mouth. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.