What you did today

Tale

For that perspective..

IMG-20150210-00637_zps35d05e08.jpg

Still, it is somewhat amusing to realise you're having to explain to someone "Yeah, I can't talk on the phone right now, I'm just sorting out the morphine solution for my mother.."

Sentences you never think you'd say...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The cappo de tutti cappo of where I work toured our deparment today, went into the kichen and when he came back the fridge magnets were arranged into a ****andballs, which everyone swears they weren't before.

As you can imagine few other things seem worthy of discussion.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Was asked out on a date. Which is always flattering at my age, but I'm already married, so. It did serve to remind me, however, that perhaps if I'm going to do a social activity or two more often again, maybe I should put the wedding band back on. But I dun wanna. I like jewelry free digits.

Cat tale: Mr. Black has learned a new cute-begging trick. Instead of just sitting by my feet giving oogly eyes and pawing my calves, or resting his chin on my slippers, he sits right next to the couch and rests his chin on the couch seat itself. Which results in the cutest expression/head position ever. I think he stays up nights practicing these things.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The cappo de tutti cappo of where I work toured our deparment today, went into the kichen and when he came back the fridge magnets were arranged into a ****andballs, which everyone swears they weren't before.

As you can imagine few other things seem worthy of discussion.

Will have to try that the next time the big boss is here. Last time it was awkward how he sat down near the printers just to be nowhere near the minions.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cat tale: Mr. Black has learned a new cute-begging trick. Instead of just sitting by my feet giving oogly eyes and pawing my calves, or resting his chin on my slippers, he sits right next to the couch and rests his chin on the couch seat itself. Which results in the cutest expression/head position ever. I think he stays up nights practicing these things.

My cats will come over and push me with their head when they want attention. :lol:

My cats will come over and push me with their head when they want attention. :lol:

Mine don't push so much as just give full-on headbuts. Like a ram.

Headbutt them back, assert your dominance.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yep, like dogs better than cats. Though one of the cats down the street brofists me (he tries to slap my fist when I hold out to him), so am not totally averse to them.

• Like 1

My cats will come over and push me with their head when they want attention. laughing.gif

Never had a cat do that with me yet, really. Well, except for the usual chin/tail-stropping against the leg. If I'm standing/walking Mr. Black still does the hind-leg stand/front paws on the shirt dance thing. I might have two shirts left without lots of holes in the front...

...currently starving, don't want anything from the pantry. Time to go find something bad for me to eat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, it wasn't disappointing, but it wasn't breathtaking. I mean, it was, I just didn't pass out from lack of oxygen. Sports Illustrated came today, the big February issue.

The highlight was Caroline Wozniacki. Maybe because her court strength was showing.

After reading, I checked an unrelated twitter and stumbled across this, and these, maximum nerdy girl incredible. A bajillion times better than the swimsuit issue. Lothlórien represent.

All Stop. On Screen.

Spent 4 hours in my bed, not sleeping, and decided to do something useful instead. Decided to insert the 8GB RAM stick my friend lent me to troubleshoot my computer, turned out my motherboard does'nt support 8GB sticks but it would if I flashed the BIOS; Wich I promptly chickened out of. The computer locking up completely every now and then is less of a bother than flashing a mb...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

What I'm doing: I'm about to go do my weekly visit to the shooting range, 4 hours of honing my rifle skills, yay.

The computer locking up completely every now and then is less of a bother than flashing a mb...

What is ''flashing a Motherboard''?  / noob question

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What I'm doing: I'm about to go do my weekly visit to the shooting range, 4 hours of honing my rifle skills, yay.

The computer locking up completely every now and then is less of a bother than flashing a mb...

What is ''flashing a Motherboard''?  / noob question

It's when you update the firmware on a motherboard. The reason you'd want to do that is to fix problems you might have with hardware compatibility, or because the original (factory) firmware didn't support certain processors.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

What JadedWolf said, also, flashing can be a risk - if something goes wrong your motherboard might end up bricked, wich is annoying and costs more money than waiting a minute for the computer to reboot.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Sitting on the couch w/laptop, browsing the 'net while idly watching Captain Phillips again on TV. My legs are sore and my eyes still feel like they're not working properly. I think I'm not going to move from this comfy couch today. :)

Edit: Now it's Non-Stop on TV. Seen it. At least the laptop can run DK2, so I think it's time to do that instead.

Got the call around lunchtime Wednesday to pick up the baby, as his 102 F butt was no longer welcome in his daycare class.  Been home managing that ever since.  He's showing signs of improving today, but these things are always worst in the evenings, so we'll see what that brings.  We're likely cancelling our planned trip to visit my family over the long weekend.  That is something of a relief, but I'm also getting a little pre-emptively stir-crazy, looking at the prospect of spending all of Thurs-Mon in the house doing not much, penned in by frigid weather and a recovering youngin'. 

Marksmanship is a perishable skill. You gotta practice! The best thing about where I live is my range is my backyard. I can fire a 165 grain .30-06 in any direction (except the driveway) and hit nothing.

You know you're jealous Woldan! :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Marksmanship is a perishable skill. You gotta practice! The best thing about where I live is my range is my backyard. I can fire a 165 grain .30-06 in any direction (except the driveway) and hit nothing.

You know you're jealous Woldan! laughing.gif

Hitting nothing doesn't sound very appealing to me.  :p 

While I'd totally love being able to shoot in my backyard whenever it pleases me I'm sure I'd miss the chit-chat at the range. I still learn something new every time I visit the shooting range and I'm sure I'd not be such a good shot without the tips I received from all the helpful skilled senior marksmen over the years. And, to complete the circle, neither could I help others with my own skills and knowledge which I do whenever and wherever I can. 

I wouldn't be over exaggerating if I said that place is a swirling well of knowledge disguised as a shooting range - and its one of the VERY rare places where I can meet like minded people.

Shooting is awesome, but shooting with skilled friends and talking shop is much more awesome.  :)

• Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.