Question about the game

Spell reuse based on "sleep" - Encounter and Rest.
Icewind Dale UI and style - Sure, in the sense that earlier beta builds included assets taken directly from IWD.
pointless dialog choices - Wouldn't be an IE inspired game without them.
Kreia style dialogs - Not sure if there's a crone in the game...but we have atleast one goddess whose worldy manifestations is as such. There's always hope.
talking to every object including lamps to get quests - I believe that inanimate objects may have souls too. If there's a soul, there's a potential quest there.
dull towns full of redundancy - Dyrford Village is pretty sleepy as far as towns go.

How many of these points are in Pillars of Eternety? - All of them? I'm pretty excited.

• Like 5

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Kreia style dialogs - Not sure if there's a crone in the game...but we have atleast one goddess whose worldy manifestations is as such. There's always hope.

kreia/ravel has been staples o' chrisA writing.  the degree o' ravel/kreia we get in a particular game changes, but the absence o' such is more shocking than the presence. the kreia/ravel character may, at times, be a bit clumsy insofar as handling exposition and info dumps, but given that chrisA has had so much practice writing the character, we can hope that she is a very old and dear friend that he wishes for poe purchasers to love/hate as much as does he. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What probably won't be in the game:
five click-when-timer-ends spells
lack of UI style in favor of extra quick gameplay
dialogue wheel
TES-style dialogues
getting quests from questboards, letters and people with exclamation marks over their heads
safe-zone towns, inhabited exclusively by The Healer, The Trader and the aforementioned people with exclamation marks over their heads.

• Like 2

Nothing gold can stay.

I just checked to see if this is anything more than another IWD remake because that doesnt go well financially and for me personally i dont like dull slowpaced hack&slash games, but hey if people funded this obviously they want it so more power to them. Peace.

I just checked to see if this is anything more than another IWD remake because that doesnt go well financially and for me personally i dont like dull slowpaced hack&slash games, but hey if people funded this obviously they want it so more power to them. Peace.

Yes... so many IWD remakes. When will people stop remaking IWD, already? It's endless.

:blink:

• Like 6

Yes... so many IWD remakes. When will people stop remaking IWD, already? It's endless.

:blink:

Yup, they're just rolling out of the factory floor like B-grade kung fu films.

OP is free to play whatever games he likes, but somehow his attitude makes me sad...

Edited by Heijoushin