Hit points and death

Not really. However you can choose to have your characters die when their health runs out for the first time instead of the default option in which they become maimed the first time their health runs out and die the second time. Endurance is still a part of the game however and characters are only be knocked out when their endurance runs out.

As you can imagine it would be very time consuming to balance the game around two entirely different health systems.

Edited by MasterPrudent

I think there should be a bigger penalty for characters falling unconscious. It feels cheap to just sac people sometimes and produces these strange "I better not heal him or he might die" scenarios. This was discussed a lot in the early versions of the beta but the discussion petered out. Hopefully mods will fix it.

• Like 1

Totally agree with Gordon. It is highly needed to have somehow bigger kind of penalty for falling, to try not sacrifice anyone in the team "just like that".

Please devs take this into consideration!

Edited by Naith1

I dunno. I think can make for an interesting choice. You have to decide whether you need the character to win the fight or to prevent damage to other characters or if you would prefer them to have more health for later fights. Also if they are in danger of losing all their health than there is a substantial penalty (death or being maimed). If they're not, well, they're getting closer to that point.

I think there should be a bigger penalty for characters falling unconscious. It feels cheap to just sac people sometimes and produces these strange "I better not heal him or he might die" scenarios. This was discussed a lot in the early versions of the beta but the discussion petered out. Hopefully mods will fix it.

What I would like to have injury system every time someone falls and lost their endurance.

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

In the IE games having a party member go down is an automatic reload for me (until I have in-party access to Raise Dead, and often then too). I can't stomach the trek back somewhere they can be Raised. That makes many of the set-piece battles much duller than they could be since I end up not fighting them to the end a lot of the time.

I prefer a somewhat more forgiving system that allows for closer victories. OTOH I don't care for NWN-esque "everybody always gets up unless it's a TPW" either. P:E's compromise suits me great.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I can see already how that mod will take away from the survival-tactical element to replace it with convenience and things becoming easier for the player.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Might as well just cut out the middle man and use a mod that prevents anyone from ever collapsing or dying, ever.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Why not just a skip-combat mod, then? God-mode plus instakill = what's the point in combat actually having to take place at that point?

You can't die, they can't not-die... might as well skip to corpses lying around, and throw in auto-loot while you're at it. Story Mode, it could be called. Someone might be able to make that.

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Why not just a skip-combat mod, then? God-mode plus instakill = what's the point in combat actually having to take place at that point?

You can't die, they can't not-die... might as well skip to corpses lying around, and throw in auto-loot while you're at it. Story Mode, it could be called. Someone might be able to make that.

:highfive: Now youre getting it!

:). I'm dead serious, though. It just seems like "I'll just use unlimited resting" and other such things are just chipping away at the frustration, rather than cutting off its head. 8P

Going by the BB, P:E would be a perfectly respectable adventure game even if you stripped out all the combat. Cool writing and highly reactive to your choices. I'm not surprised at all that people who hate combat would still want to experience the story. I'm sure there would be demand for a "story mode" mod.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com