Suggestions for the Solid UI

Sensuki

izlcekm1gad3.png

are rocks with moss solid enough for you? :)

izlcekm1gad3.jpg

full resolution here

Love it! Could make better use of the space though...

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Oh God, that solid UI in the style of BG is just a mockup to give you the feel of the interface and you are butthurt that it's not a professional made and state of the art exquisite UI?

Of course it ca be greatly improved.

Talk about some self indulged & absorbed twats!

Personally I love the contrast between a big detailed UI and the world environment and the clear separation with the environment, like a crafted window through which you look into the game world.

Visually, looking at that mockup gives me a IE game feel

• Like 2

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Personally I love the contrast between a big detailed UI and the world environment and the clear separation with the environment, like a crafted window through which you look into the game world.

Same.

• Like 1

Oh God, that solid UI in the style of BG is just a mockup to give you the feel of the interface and you are butthurt that it's not a professional made and state of the art exquisite UI?

Of course it ca be greatly improved.

Talk about some self indulged & absorbed twats!

Visually, looking at that mockup gives me a IE game feel

Did I say anything about the quality of it? No. My issue is that you lose a massive chunk of the screen. I can understand what you mean about the window effect, but personally I don't think it fits.

And the 'self-indulged & absorbed twats' is laughable considering some of the IE **** sucking that goes on here.

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

I was reminded of that comment because it looks so funny now that the new build is out:

hUk3rpM.jpg

This is a personal opinion but I like my mockups better:

5mESW7.jpg

Of course, what we have is still better than no solid background at all.

Well if yours didn't have the combat log in the middle (which still makes absolutely no sense to me why any of you want it there, terrible place for it always has been) and you didn't waste space by making the log ridiculously wider than needed thus forcing parts of the main menu off the primary block wasting screen space it would be okay.  As it is the mock up looks nice but the Obsidian one is better because it takes up less space and has more functionality. 

There is one thing your log does Obsidians should copy though.  Make the background for the solid UI darker.  A cleaner darker differential is better for a solid UI.

Edited by Karkarov

Karkarov, as I did say myself, it's a matter of preference. I think it's one thing to rant about something that has been done and you don't like, but to rant about something that has merely been suggested and you don't like... maybe you are a lot more energetic than I am. Normally I'd just skip suggestions I don't agree with.

The log's width allows for longer lines of text without wrapping to a second line. I find even less use for a wooden texture behind the combat log than I find for a wide combat log. Anyway.

Can anyone confirm that the current solid background is a temporary solution and the game will ship with a better looking solid background? From what Grotesque said, it seemed to me he is convinced that this is the case.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Can anyone confirm that the current solid background is a temporary solution and the game will ship with a better looking solid background? From what Grotesque said, it seemed to me he is convinced that this is the case.

No one really knows.  I wouldn't be shocked if they make some more refinements to it, like making those "gems" look less modern.  Like I said mostly I think it just needs to be darker.

Mostly just a feel (or probably should I say, hope?)...

I'm still going to use the first L-shaped UI someone mods in...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee