Hello,

First of all I want to apologise in case such questions were already answered elswhere (they probably were), yet I would appreciate if you could answer me anyway - one more time ;) , as well i'm sorry about my not-so-great english.

To the point:

1.) How looks companion advancement at the beginning of their membership in our party: let say we have party where everyone is at level 7, then we meet another companion and want to add him/her to our team - what level will he/she have - is it fixed level for specific character (eg. Sagani will always join as with lvl 6) or their level will scale to our - so it'll also be at level 7? And then - we can only influence this companion advancement from that point or can we distribute their talents  starting from level 1 (maybe there will be feature in the options to enable/disable auto-levelling)?

2.) Are there any possibility/plans of adding 3 more companions (barbarian,rogue,monk) to the game - maybe in DLC/expansion pack?  As the mercenary creation feature is awsome, and i will use it surely on my n-playthrough , it is always better to have some companions with actual "soul and character" - especially in this type of game.

3.) How strong impact have our actions on the companions? Eg. playing as a good guy, while having paladin from "dark" order as a companion will affect his talents - or just what he says? I know that this matters when our main char is paladin, but is it true for companions as well? Can companions leave us if they dont share our means/perspective? 

4.) i've heard that there will be additional content - will it be in form of expanding world (build in the same "game" as the main) or will it be separate story- like Throne of Bhaal for Baldurs Gate 2?

1.) How looks companion advancement at the beginning of their membership in our party: let say we have party where everyone is at level 7, then we meet another companion and want to add him/her to our team - what level will he/she have - is it fixed level for specific character (eg. Sagani will always join as with lvl 6) or their level will scale to our - so it'll also be at level 7? And then - we can only influence this companion advancement from that point or can we distribute their talents  starting from level 1 (maybe there will be feature in the options to enable/disable auto-levelling)?

Absolutely no clue.  We don't have access to the real game, only the backer beta.  In the backer beta all your current party start at level 5 and your character starts at level 1 but has enough exp to immediately level up to level 5.  You can also hire adventurers but when you do you are literally hiring them based on level, higher level obviously costing more.  No "real" companions are encountered in the backer beta and they have not shown for 100% sure if they will come in at a set level or not.

2.) Are there any possibility/plans of adding 3 more companions (barbarian,rogue,monk) to the game - maybe in DLC/expansion pack?  As the mercenary creation feature is awsome, and i will use it surely on my n-playthrough , it is always better to have some companions with actual "soul and character" - especially in this type of game.

The game is going to be completed and released in roughly 2 months 1 week and 1 day.  There is no way at all any new companions are being added.  Will there be any in the expansion?  Maybe, no one on this forum knows other than Obsidian staff and they aren't talking.

3.) How strong impact have our actions on the companions? Eg. playing as a good guy, while having paladin from "dark" order as a companion will affect his talents - or just what he says? I know that this matters when our main char is paladin, but is it true for companions as well? Can companions leave us if they dont share our means/perspective?

Again, in the backer beta you don't get access to real companions so there is no way to answer this question.

4.) i've heard that there will be additional content - will it be in form of expanding world (build in the same "game" as the main) or will it be separate story- like Throne of Bhaal for Baldurs Gate 2?

There will be an expansion yes, but the current game world size is set.  Nothing is going to be added to it content wise at this point until the expansion releases.

So basically there is no info on that stuff yet ... well i hope they will talk about that stuff in the next live gameplay they relase, becouse so far they are repeating most of it over and over again. 

About "expanding world" I mean either giving new areas (as far as i know the map of PoE is just part of the planet Eola - so ther is possibility of adding new region to it, or even some island) or guests in the "old areas".  I'm just curious if itll be separate as in BG2:ToB or it'll come together like in Gothic: Night of the Raven eg. And "at this point"? I AM talking about DLC/expansion xP

Well - anyway - thanks for the answers ;)

Edited by DarkWanderer

As Karkarov posted, we don't know; but, there is a clue about whether companions will leave. 

Josh Sawyer did a video with a game journalist where he played the beginning of the game. He mentioned that one of the initial temporary companions (Calisca) will leave your party as you sleep if you rest in the first dungeon.

So, I would guess that companions will leave if you do something they don't like but we don't know any details about it.

• Like 1

Hello,

First of all I want to apologise in case such questions were already answered elswhere (they probably were), yet I would appreciate if you could answer me anyway - one more time ;) , as well i'm sorry about my not-so-great english.

To the point:

You're asking us or the developers? Because there is no way one could know about most of your answers since noone has played the game itself (just a limited beta).

Still, we know there is going to be an expansion (maybe adding some more companions too?) and, taking from the developers' early updates and Obsidian's/Black Isle's past works, we can assume there will be high companion interaction.

Hello,

To the point:

You're asking us or the developers? Because there is no way one could know about most of your answers since noone has played the game itself (just a limited beta).

Still, we know there is going to be an expansion (maybe adding some more companions too?) and, taking from the developers' early updates and Obsidian's/Black Isle's past works, we can assume there will be high companion interaction.

Do developers show up here once in a while and share their knowledge with people? 

Well i'm asking anyone knowledgable really -  I'm super hyped about this game, but i'm not checking every single update and info about it, so many things are unknown to me. I thought that most of my questions would be known by now to most people since its not that long till the premiere (26 march - if they dont move it again, but i'm pretty sure that was the last reschedule). And even if nobody knows it yet, i hope someone who have contact with developers, will read my questions, ask devs about them and then pass their reply to us.

Do developers show up here once in a while and share their knowledge with people? 

They do, but lately more in the backer beta forums. 

Here's a nifty tracker which digs out the dev postings for you: [ http://pedevtracker.azurewebsites.net/ ]

Josh especially is pretty good at answering questions on Twitter [ https://twitter.com/jesawyer/ ] and Tumblr [ http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/ ] also.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

They do, but lately more in the backer beta forums. 

Here's a nifty tracker which digs out the dev postings for you: [ http://pedevtracker.azurewebsites.net/ ]

Josh especially is pretty good at answering questions on Twitter [ https://twitter.com/jesawyer/ ] and Tumblr [ http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/ ] also.

Cool, thanks ;)