Beard Request: Patch

Osvir

What kind of place do you work? Other than a filthy unwashed hermit beard, I can't imagine HR at my job ever talking to someone about their facial hair.

Hear hear! I love how the general consensus is that the more abundant/complex your head-hair situation, the more unkempt you inherently are.

A) Someone can be JUST as lacking in hygiene without a fancy Franz Josef or anything else.

B) Any amount of hygiene/grooming you do is amplified by the Amount_Of_Hair modifier and the Complexity_Of_Style modifier.

I've just got basic, longer-ish hair, for a guy, and I can tell you it takes like 30 more minutes a day JUST to keep it nice and clean and untangled. And I don't even have any kind of fancy-ish style going on. So, I just love it when people see facial hair/long hair and assume "Oh, you're lazy." No, if I was lazy, there'd be a bird living in the giant knot of hair on my head, and my beard hairs would be 17 different lengths and would be creeping all over my face.

It was a counseling firm, and everything there was awful. I got fired for going 10 minutes over my lunch break (after working there for over a year having never been late once). Maybe it wasn't the best example...

Counseling firm? Sounds more like a counseling rigid! 6_u

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

What kind of place do you work? Other than a filthy unwashed hermit beard, I can't imagine HR at my job ever talking to someone about their facial hair.

Hear hear! I love how the general consensus is that the more abundant/complex your head-hair situation, the more unkempt you inherently are.

A) Someone can be JUST as lacking in hygiene without a fancy Franz Josef or anything else.

B) Any amount of hygiene/grooming you do is amplified by the Amount_Of_Hair modifier and the Complexity_Of_Style modifier.

I've just got basic, longer-ish hair, for a guy, and I can tell you it takes like 30 more minutes a day JUST to keep it nice and clean and untangled. And I don't even have any kind of fancy-ish style going on. So, I just love it when people see facial hair/long hair and assume "Oh, you're lazy." No, if I was lazy, there'd be a bird living in the giant knot of hair on my head, and my beard hairs would be 17 different lengths and would be creeping all over my face.

It was a counseling firm, and everything there was awful. I got fired for going 10 minutes over my lunch break (after working there for over a year having never been late once). Maybe it wasn't the best example...

Counseling firm? Sounds more like a counseling rigid! 6_u

haha, got long hair to (but actually i AM lazy about it :p )

i can totally relate to that :D

the beard is called franz josef because of the austrian emperor, it's so funny to think what had been the pride of an emperor and the envy of many men 100 years ago, is a problem today haha

Edited by lolaldanee

Hey now... my hair puts the "pro" in "protein." u_u

Seriously though... females constantly praise my hair, and tell me they're jealous of it. So... apparently I have pretty hair? *shrug*. All I know is, it's just curly enough to look ridiculous when it's short. That's pretty much the only reason I have it long.

But, it just irks me that society (employers and such, usually) irrationally just assumes that the sheer fact that you have longer hair or a beard = you're a lazy bum and are somehow lower on the grooming scale, when washing my hair takes 3 times as long as when I had 3 inches of hair.

It's as if hair only grows in direct proportion to the amount of lazing you perform. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Conscious double-posting (For better formatting)

Comparing reference list with in-game:
- 1/14 (Clean)
- 2/14 (Not on the List, or a variation of Hollywoodian, bushy beard or a Long Boxed Bushy Beard**)
- 3/14 (variation of Duck Tail**)
- 4/14 (Fu Manchu)
- 5/14 (Dali or a wider Handlebar)
- 6/14 (Van Dyke)
- 7/14 (Short Boxed Beard)
- 8/14 (Handlebar w/ Chin Puff*)
- 9/14 (Larger Duck Tail**)
- 10/14 (Same as 9/14 but more mustasch)
- 11/14 (Sparrow, or a French Fork with use of beads)
- 12/14 (Duck Tail w/ beads)
- 13/14 (Friendly Mutton Chops)
- 14/14 (Clean??) <- Bug?

* The Chin Puff only is a Petit Goatee (So if you clone 8/14, remove the mustasch, add the Chin Puff as 15/15, you'd have a Petit Goatee)

** Low-Priority: 2/14, 3/14, 9/14, 10/14 are quite similar, if possible to sneak in more, maybe 9/14, 10/14 or 2/14 can get further polish/variation transformation.

SO, from the reference list, which beards are not in?
- Mutton Chops
- A la Souvarov
- Old Dutch
- Balbo

- Rap Industry Standard
- Sparrow
- Klingon (It has a sort of Mongolian feeling to it)
- Chin Curtain
- Hulihee (Nobleman)
- The Zappa

- Soul Patch
- Handlebar and Goatee
- The Winnfield
- Petit Goatee (It fits a character I want to make in-game)
- Franz Josef (Bolded as others fell in love with it)
- Anchor
- Napoleon III Imperial
- Copstash Standard
- Pencil
- Super Mario

- Handlebar

Of course, my comparison is probably not "spot on" and some of those I've put in "Not in" is actually "In" and I just wasn't capable of seeing some of the beard variation references in game.

Strike through on some of the beards that I just don't feel fit into Pillars of Eternity... all beards are cool and all, but "Rap Industry Standard" has a "Rap Industry Standard" name. And Super Mario is Super Mario.

Bold are those that I'd like to see in-game (or in expansion)/priority beards. If you have time to sneak in an extra beard type though, scrap the Request I made (Petit Goatee) and listen to the Franz Josef's of this thread. It seems to have more appeal to the majority of posters in this thread :)

Also, Franz Joseph of Austria:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Joseph_I_of_Austria

Looks like Friendly Mutton Chops~

And I found another article full of win:
http://www.growabeardnow.com/beard-styles/

Edited by Osvir