You know, it's funny...

I want complex shops (money limit etc.) and the ability to easily gather loot, while apparently on this forum everyone hates adding such mechanics to shops (If I have to walk to another vendor shopping becomes a mini-game!), but don't want to get rid of manually gathering every piece of loot of every individual slain enemy.

I don't understand you people...

Honestly, "Loot Area"-looting is great, while infinigold merchants and infininventory is just plain rubbish. So I'm right up there with you. At this point, with the current mechanics, they really could just convert loot to gold right away and it wouldn't make a difference. It's the exact same thing, because we won't be passing on any loot whatsoever anyway.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

More immersion isn't always better, cf merchant gold limits in TES games. It can make sense, but it winds up about as fun as getting cold and wet every time it rains in-game.

I want both those things. I was profoundly disappointed (in hindsight, I don't know why I expected otherwise) when I first saw the icy water outside of Windhelm in Skyrim, jumped in, and didn't suffer.. anything, really. Nothing at all. Wet and cold in frozen water, dressed in metal from top to toe, just.. nothing.

Oh, like that! That makes sense and I could go for that. I was thinking about the player getting wet and cold when it rained in-game. B-)

Fnord.

You know, it's funny...

I want complex shops (money limit etc.) and the ability to easily gather loot, while apparently on this forum everyone hates adding such mechanics to shops (If I have to walk to another vendor shopping becomes a mini-game!), but don't want to get rid of manually gathering every piece of loot of every individual slain enemy.

I want complex shops too. I even wrote I was sorry we don't have shops use the different currencies, and money changers. That was before I had started Underrail where I find the shops to be pretty neat. Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

You know, it's funny...

I want complex shops too. I even wrote I was sorry we don't have shops use the different currencies, and money changers. That was before I had started Underrail where I find the shops to be pretty neat.

the currencies can be overlooked. any merchant who knows his job would know that 1 gold aedyr coin is (lets say) 20 dyrwood coppers. if you give him one  in order to buy something worth 20 coppers, you're done. no need to find actual dyrwood money. 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

It's a fantasy setting, so real-life history analogies should be used carefully, but... that's not how it worked in the time period the game is based on. :)

the value of money was determined by the content in precious metal of the alloy and the size of the coin. if a german merchant knew how much actual gold a french gold coin had, with a scale he could determine it's value in comparison to german gold coins and make a trade using it. gold is gold after all, no matter who's face is stamped on it

the game simply automates the entire process of the merchant determining the value of the various coins in your posession before accepting them as payment.

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I never felt that the different currencies in F:NV added much mechanically to the game, other than a small annoyance when converting them into caps.

I only really found one instance where the Legion curreny served a purpose, and that was using it as ammunition for the shotgun (which I never really used with any ammunition).

It's a fantasy setting, so real-life history analogies should be used carefully, but... that's not how it worked in the time period the game is based on. :)

Someone needs to watch Spice and Wolf :D

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

• 4 weeks later...

Area looting would be great. Glad to see it might make it in in a future patch. It's one of the best features of the BG:EE/BG2:EE/IWD:EE and was universally praised.  Micromanaging this stuff is boring and does not add anything to the game. Adding a weight limit to the stash is much more sensible if you want to prevent the infinite bag of holding situation and want people to think about what to loot and what to leave behind.