I know it's way too late to suggest changes now, but maybe it's something that can be included in a patch: A loot area, the way it works in Wasteland 2. From the stream I got the impression looting corpses in an area requires clicking every corpse. I liked the way it worked in WL2, where, well, I'll show ya:

pT6iVYz.png

Here there are a bunch of dead honey badgers, and they get sort of character icons in the loot screen, reducing the amount of clicking (and tiny wait times as characters walk from one corpse to another) required to clean up.

Thankfully the loot screen in PoE has a stash icon, otherwise I'd have to recommend the "distribute all" button too—micromanaging what each character has in their pockets can be tedious.

(Yes, my other characters are named Ulyaoth, Chattur'Gha and Xel'Lotath)

• Like 1

Fnord.

Yeah wasteland 2 had it done nice, did you play the new BG games, the enhanced editions have something similiar now, where you don't have to go too too far to loot everything. Though, it implementation is horrible, it still is helpful at times.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Loot UI looks fine from the backer vids I see... only problem being needless extra-clicking to add to the stash, and indeed having to manually click all bodies on the floor. I think having it select all loot of nearby corpses is a good idea (or I wouldn't have mentioned it a few times myself), but I don't see the need to have to manually browse through all bodies, or even seeing all slain enemies, just all the loot in one overview would be much better...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I actually loved the loot interface/functionality of Wasteland 2. Something similar in PoE, although unlikely (and I'd be fine without it, too) would be awesome.

Yeah wasteland 2 had it done nice, did you play the new BG games, the enhanced editions have something similiar now, where you don't have to go too too far to loot everything. Though, it implementation is horrible, it still is helpful at times.

Everything in the "Enhanced" Editions appear to be horribly implemented.

t50aJUd.jpg

Loot UI looks fine from the backer vids I see... only problem being needless extra-clicking to add to the stash, and indeed having to manually click all bodies on the floor. I think having it select all loot of nearby corpses is a good idea (or I wouldn't have mentioned it a few times myself), but I don't see the need to have to manually browse through all bodies, or even seeing all slain enemies, just all the loot in one overview would be much better...

Yeah, it's not about managing which loot comes from which corpse (unless maybe there's some theft issue), it's just about making it easier to clean out a murder scene. If there are a buncha bodies in close proximity on the floor, I want to

• See if there's anything interesting to assign to any character
  • Dump the rest in a bag so I can sell it off later
[digression]

It's sort of similar to having animals carry around money vs useless loot you sell off later (I think a Final Fantasy game I tried worked like that): The money doesn't make sense in itself, but it's a useful simplification of the whole process of lugging around useless stuff in order to sell it off later, especially if merchants have ∞ coins stashed behind their counters anyway. Compare morrowind, where you could find really expensive but not always useful items, but you'd sort of lug them around because there weren't any merchants who could buy them anyway.

[/digression]

The intent is to decrease the amount of micro-managing and clickery required for cleaning up uninteresting loot for lazy gamers like me. original.gif

Fnord.

• 4 weeks later...

As an ease of use convenience, if implemented, its removal could be part of the Expert Mode package.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

^could you give us non-beta players a run down? I'm interested in Expert Mode, but if it's not pulled off nicely I might just customize settings myself

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Expert Mode basically turns off several graphics and game options that are enabled by default and locks them off, on top of that it disables a bunch of other helper and UI features. It's probably what I would describe as BG1 mode, except with virtually no feedback at all, from anything.

Nooo sad.png

Muh immersion

If you do implement it, can it be made an option because I don't really like area loot, even if it is easier.

More immersion isn't always better, cf merchant gold limits in TES games. It can make sense, but it winds up about as fun as getting cold and wet every time it rains in-game.

Fnord.

I never hear anyone complain on forums about this when i play BG and BG2 games.

Probably because they have no idea what they're missing. I accepted it too when I played IE games, but when I played Wasteland 2, loot area was like manna from heaven. Well OK, maybe not, but stuff like micromanaging what people are carrying is just really boring. We've already got no merchant gold limit because while it makes sense, it makes getting the gold value out of your items a boring minigame (see: TES games). We've got deep stash, so you won't have to go into a dungeon five times to carry off all the loot.

Clicking a corpse, walking a meter, looting it, then repeating 10 times is boring. Why would you want a game to be boring?

• Like 1

Fnord.

I didn't loot an entire corpse in BG either, usually just the cash/gem and left the rest to rot. Here, probably not.

And the reason I suggest it now since, yes, I did find that annoying and a waste of time in the Infinity Games. I'm all for complexity and making things hard on the player. But inconiencing players is not the same as complexity. And a little layer of complexity where it would shinecan be annoying if inconvience makes it harder upon you to do other stuff.

Still going along?

Anyway, thanks for mentioning Adam. Do we still need to click twice too to gather all to the infinite stash, or has it become a much easier one-click button (probably slightly detached from the team to prevent misclicks on the last person activating it)?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Nooo sad.png

Muh immersion

If you do implement it, can it be made an option because I don't really like area loot, even if it is easier.

More immersion isn't always better, cf merchant gold limits in TES games. It can make sense, but it winds up about as fun as getting cold and wet every time it rains in-game.

I want both those things. I was profoundly disappointed (in hindsight, I don't know why I expected otherwise) when I first saw the icy water outside of Windhelm in Skyrim, jumped in, and didn't suffer.. anything, really. Nothing at all. Wet and cold in frozen water, dressed in metal from top to toe, just.. nothing.

I don't just want gold limits, I want gold limits, diminishing returns on sales, a finite backpack, encumbrance rules, and survival modifiers; reduced sight when it rains, party morale penalties when hungry, starvation and attrition rules.

You have died of dysentery.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

Nooo sad.png

Muh immersion

Agreed. A "Loot area" button sounds the same as a "Win Battle" button to me :/ Not enough that we have a limitless inventory, which I didn't like from the beginning, but now a vacuum cleaner button to go with it? Why?

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I'm telling you, it's just a buildup for the inevitable conclusion that we don't need general loot, why not just assign gold upon killing enemies? Saves the hassle of going to the store in town. We wouldn't want such a hassle to get in the way of the "gameplay".

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

I'm telling you, it's just a buildup for the inevitable conclusion that we don't need general loot, why not just assign gold upon killing enemies? Saves the hassle of going to the store in town. We wouldn't want such a hassle to get in the way of the "gameplay".

No, they wouldn't piss off the core audience like that, come on!

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

You know, it's funny...

I want complex shops (money limit etc.) and the ability to easily gather loot, while apparently on this forum everyone hates adding such mechanics to shops (If I have to walk to another vendor shopping becomes a mini-game!), but don't want to get rid of manually gathering every piece of loot of every individual slain enemy.

I don't understand you people...

• Like 2

^