Okay, as the title says this is a will my PC meet minimum specifications.  I got a low-mid range laptop about 2.5 years ago.  Here are the specs:

HP Pavilion g7-2325dx Notebook PC Product Specifications

4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)

1.9GHz up to 2.8GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Accelerated Processor

AMD Radeon HD 7640G Discrete-Class graphics and up to 2029MB total graphics memory

I certainly hope so.  I loved the Baldurs Gate and Icewindale series, but ever since that era I think there's been a drought of good RPGs in that vein since.  I'm excited about this one is way I haven't been excited about a video game in many years.  

Mostly, I was worried about my GPU because my computer is kind of old by computer standards, it was low end for even the time, and my gpu is my computer's weakest link.  

I've run the beta with an AMD A-10 APU which has similar specs to your A-8 and it runs smoothly. On these APU's, the GPU is embedded with the CPU and both the A-10 and A-8 share the same GPU.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

You will be fine. Im able to play on Intel HD 4000 graphics, so imagine that. 

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

The minimum specs ask for a CPU from 2002 (that's when the 2.6Ghz Pentium IV was released) so just about any machine built in the last 10 years is likely to be able to play it assuming they have a graphics card meets the 512MB and pixel shader 3 requirement.

Heck most tablets have fast enough CPU's and GPU's they're just lacking with regards to the RAM.

So to piggyback on this, if I were to be buying a laptop to play this game, is a separate graphics card required? Or are there plenty of integrated chips that would be good enough on their own?

Generally speaking, AMD chips are better than Intel chips when combining CPU with GPU. The AMD A10 in particular is quite good in this regard.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 2 weeks later...

You will be fine. Im able to play on Intel HD 4000 graphics, so imagine that. 

Awesome.

Do you experience any FPS drops, mouse, or menu lag? Do you have to make any concessions in the graphics settings in order for it to run smoothly? I'm on HD 4000, so I'm curious.

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

So to piggyback on this, if I were to be buying a laptop to play this game, is a separate graphics card required? Or are there plenty of integrated chips that would be good enough on their own?

Generally speaking, AMD chips are better than Intel chips when combining CPU with GPU. The AMD A10 in particular is quite good in this regard.

I have a gaming desktop and a Laptop with a A10-4600M chip.  It plays most games pretty well and should be more then enough for this game (I can play Civ 5 standard map size and at least medium details at 720P without issue as an example).

If you get a laptop with an AMD A8 or A10 chip you should be able to play (I would think).  Of course it would be great for someone who has BB access to confirm.