Crickets of Eternity

I asked Brandon about it and unfortunately the sliders are unlikely to be implemented for this release. Maybe in a patch or expansion.

what the hell? why iset that somthing that they whould be in the first build i mean that seems like standerd stuff???

There are sliders. It's just that people in this thread want finer control than just master/music/effects.

It's not just the mixing that's the issue, you need different volume sliders to control different areas of the sound - one for VO, one for Environmental FX, one for combat sounds - that kind of stuff.

I also agree about the lack of background walla/NPC VO callouts. I think they recorded some, but it might not have been implemented or just not very high volume. Those really add a lot to the atmosphere

APPLES! APPLES ONE COPPER!

I asked Brandon about it and unfortunately the sliders are unlikely to be implemented for this release. Maybe in a patch or expansion.

what the hell? why iset that somthing that they whould be in the first build i mean that seems like standerd stuff???

Its getting to the point where they can't delay the game any longer even if maybe they should

Having all that tied to just "FX" is fine.  Most games don't even do that.  Case in point triple AAA bad boy look at my PhysX effects Far Cry 4's volume control looks like this.  Music on/off..... music volume slider.  That's it.

So what? I don't play AAA games.

Back in the day games had lots of different sound sliders for stuff.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

Yeah... 

We need MORE sliders.... 

I want a slider for the Developer Commentary. Currently those comments are way too low in volume, and the sfx are drowning the comments, they are on the SAME slider :o

• Like 1

UFWDJRj.jpg

They are still in the middle of doing the mixing. We didn't have much of a script today so I am not surprised that some of the sounds were way too low or way too high. Luckily, these are easy fixes for us.

Well their be a sound slider for it?? id be a od ball thing to leave it out :/

Take heart my fellow cricket haters.  Your picture has inspired us to improve our wilderness day and night time ambiences (and some other ones too).  Fellow Obsidian sound designers are working on this RIGHT NOW as I type. 

Great :)

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I think it might actually be a katydid... which is very closely related to a cricket.

Disregard previous post.

It is, in fact, a green bush cricket.

Looks like it turned out to be a... *puts on sunglasses* katy-didn't.

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Take heart my fellow cricket haters.  Your picture has inspired us to improve our wilderness day and night time ambiences (and some other ones too).  Fellow Obsidian sound designers are working on this RIGHT NOW as I type. 

I don't believe you. They have brainwashed you. It's what crickets do. 

I myself didn't hate the crickets. I thought it was interesting.

Also, its not a Grasshopper. Its a Green Bush cricket which imo is the best sounding crickets. 

Well, now its good to hear we be getting more ambient sounds. Oh yeah, wolf howling, forest haunting, wind blowing, snakes rattling, river streams, and thunderstorm. 

Edited by ryukenden
  • Like 1

*Suggestion: Add loud-cricket as killable animals in the game. Then don't give them any XP (not even bestiary) when dying.

I'm sure the kill-XP crowd's heads will blow... an actual benefit to killing them... but no XP. Maybe I should rather let them make me mad then, can't not kill them without XP now!... *boom*

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

All I know is if they do another kickstarter and I donate enough to get a plaque mine will read "Damn crickets! They are so loud I can't hear anything!" - Last words of an adventurer before he was gored from behind by six Stone Beetles in Dyrford Crossing.

• Like 1