Crickets of Eternity

In the Team Lead Meeting video the posted in the Update yesterday, it was mentioned that all sounds had been normalized at the same level so they could tweak them individually. They also mentioned they wanted that tweeking to be done for today's stream, but I'm guessing it didn't happen. :)

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

It's not just the mixing that's the issue, you need different volume sliders to control different areas of the sound - one for VO, one for Environmental FX, one for combat sounds - that kind of stuff.

I also agree about the lack of background walla/NPC VO callouts. I think they recorded some, but it might not have been implemented or just not very high volume. Those really add a lot to the atmosphere

APPLES! APPLES ONE COPPER!

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 8

It's not just the mixing that's the issue, you need different volume sliders to control different areas of the sound - one for VO, one for Environmental FX, one for combat sounds - that kind of stuff.

I also agree about the lack of background walla/NPC VO callouts. I think they recorded some, but it might not have been implemented or just not very high volume. Those really add a lot to the atmosphere

I asked Brandon about it and unfortunately the sliders are unlikely to be implemented for this release. Maybe in a patch or expansion.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

@ BAdler. Some people said the city felt kind of empty. Will there be background noise in the final game? The background sounds from BG 2 really made the city come alive. Hope you'll consider that. :)

I hope they do this and it was an issue with NWN IMO...not enough people in the cities and not enough sounds.

I want the city to feel alive.

They could adjust that ambient volume in the mixing, sure... ORRRR they could edit the lore such that all crickets in the realm are the size of Great Danes. u_u

Totally an option.

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I asked Brandon about it and unfortunately the sliders are unlikely to be implemented for this release. Maybe in a patch or expansion.

retarded.png

FFS. I've been mentioning it every build since v257.

Having all that tied to just "FX" is fine.  Most games don't even do that.  Case in point triple AAA bad boy look at my PhysX effects Far Cry 4's volume control looks like this.  Music on/off..... music volume slider.  That's it.

retarded.png

FFS. I've been mentioning it every build since v257.

Having all that tied to just "FX" is fine.  Most games don't even do that.  Case in point triple AAA bad boy look at my PhysX effects Far Cry 4's volume control looks like this.  Music on/off..... music volume slider.  That's it.

There's a pretty huge difference, though. In action games, there's really not that much need (or want) to adjust different sliders.

Me, I invariably end up turning Voice up a lot, and turn Ambience slightly above music, while turning down the FX (combat sounds, etc).

As it is in PoE, I'm not going to be able to do that at all, it'll all end up as a cacophonic mess for me.

Having Ambience, Combat Sounds and Voice all baked into "Effects" is pretty damn terrible.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

what the hell? why iset that somthing that they whould be in the first build i mean that seems like standerd stuff???