About sound effects (just watched the 01.15.15 stream)

Well, I know that sound was a little too low at the beggining of the stream, but still I think that combat feels very silent. Mages are mumbling something under their noses when casting spells, spells make only 1 second noise when casted. There is no difference between hitting an enemy with pike or club, there's always the same "woob" sound. When someone passes out, there is no sound like "aaaaaarghhh !!!". 

Also, there was no music during fights (They propably turned it off on purpose).

For me, it seemed extremely bleak and it doesn't feel intense enough. It doesn't feel like those characters are fighting for their lives, it's rather like they are just butchering those monsters for meat.

There's nothing like "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes !!", no intense, orchestral music, you won't find here any loud screams when doing a critical hit etc. For me it seems a little dissapointing. What do you guys think ?

Edited by Gladiuss8@gmail.com
  • Like 1

In the Team Lead Meeting video the posted in the Update yesterday, it was mentioned that all sounds had been normalized at the same level so they could tweak them individually. They also mentioned they wanted that tweeking to be done for today's stream, but I'm guessing it didn't happen. :)

• Like 3

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Well, I know that sound was a little too low at the beggining of the stream, but still I think that combat feels very silent. Mages are mumbling something under their noses when casting spells, spells make only 1 second noise when casted. There is no difference between hitting an enemy with pike or club, there's always the same "woob" sound. When someone passes out, there is no sound like "aaaaaarghhh !!!". 

Also, there was no music during fights (They propably turned it off on purpose).

For me, it seemed extremely bleak and it doesn't feel intense enough. It doesn't feel like those characters are fighting for their lives, it's rather like they are just butchering those monsters for meat.

There's nothing like "Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes !!", no intense, orchestral music, you won't find here any loud screams when doing a critical hit etc. For me it seems a little dissapointing. What do you guys think ?

I agree with you. They didn't win many new fans with that stream. I seen people in chat comment problematic sounds (or lack of) all the time.

The gunshot sounds were glorious :)

Edited by archangel979
  • Like 1

I think the stream was great. I did keep in mind that the game is still in beta. It was funny to see twitch chat troll the hell out of those crickets.

I think that viewers leave what they don't like. we had a good 2k still around the whole stream/

Edited by ryukenden
  • Like 1

I think the stream was great. I did keep in mind that the game is still in beta. It was funny to see twitch chat troll the hell out of those crickets.

I think that viewers leave what they don't like. we had a good 2k still around the whole stream/

Well he meant at this point its not looking super ultru great- but it could be a lot better in 2 months - i hope but i wont hold my breath.