OBS: What's up with the different editions and the pricing?

I discussed this with Darren, and we would like to support it (getting all the goodies off of GOG instead of Obsidians portal). There's an ongoing discussion with Paradox, GOG, and Steam with how all of this is going to work (it's actually needlessly complicated - but isn't everything?).  We will let you know when we have more details, and will update when we have more information for you. 

Okay, thanks!

While the normal edition's price is okay (I guess), I think people feel it's way too much "only" for a digital version, when in other cases one would be paying so much for a physical Collector's edition.

And it would be cool to have goodies packages on GOG, it's just that you can never please the people since some would like to have the map and the soundtrack and other the guide and the artbook or something.

All of the current pre-order versions offer the same digital rewards as the backer tiers, but at a higher price. We want the backers to feel like they got a little discount for helping make all of this possible. If I were a backer, I would be angry if the same tier was offered at a lower price down the road. Point any complainers to the Kickstarter page, and tell them to get in early next time. :)

Or very quickly after as a slacker backer.

Just FYI..Steam now has the ability to buy just the extra content beyond the base game...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/

I made the mistake of reading the price complaint thread there. Now I kinda hate humanity.

I thought it was hilarious. Steam forums in general tend to have the most absurd threads. Whenever I feel down, I go to forums of my favorite games and have a good laugh.

• 1 month later...

I discussed this with Darren, and we would like to support it (getting all the goodies off of GOG instead of Obsidians portal). There's an ongoing discussion with Paradox, GOG, and Steam with how all of this is going to work (it's actually needlessly complicated - but isn't everything?).  We will let you know when we have more details, and will update when we have more information for you. 

Was there ever any update on this?

I can't seem to find one.

(As someone that backed for a physical edition, I would expect the digital key to match the content as closely as possible.)

Also, what is the "Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet" and "Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item" ?

Are they the "Giant Miniature Space Piglet" + "Gaun's Pledge" ?

.. and if they are not, do backers get these 'pre-order exclusive' items?

I am concerned as to whether we were lied to (ie: they are not exclusive to Kickstarter) or whether we are going to miss out on content (however small a pet and a ring are in the grand scheme of things) because we backed early.

Kickstarter backers will receive the kickstarter exclusives in addition to the pre-order bonuses.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Yeah, if we could get an answer on if there's any change to the editions we get, that would rock. I was lucky enough to get a free code from the wonderful PAX East session, but right now it looks like it would be duplicative with digital+ vs. basic->upgrade to heroic. I'd really like to get the royal, but worst comes to worst I can sell or give away the code. 

Was there ever any update on this?

I can't seem to find one.

(As someone that backed for a physical edition, I would expect the digital key to match the content as closely as possible.)

Also, what is the "Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet" and "Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item" ?

Are they the "Giant Miniature Space Piglet" + "Gaun's Pledge" ?

.. and if they are not, do backers get these 'pre-order exclusive' items?

I am concerned as to whether we were lied to (ie: they are not exclusive to Kickstarter) or whether we are going to miss out on content (however small a pet and a ring are in the grand scheme of things) because we backed early.

Yes, I'm sure they're lying to you....

You people are too much.

Does anyone know if backers get the preorder bonus? I already backed the game and bought 3 more copies for friends, I want the preorder bonus they have on Steam but I don't really feel like buying a 5th copy for $45USD..

Yes, backers get the preorder bonus as well.

• Like 2
35167v4.jpg

Does anyone know if backers get the preorder bonus? I already backed the game and bought 3 more copies for friends, I want the preorder bonus they have on Steam but I don't really feel like buying a 5th copy for $45USD..

Yes, backers get the preorder bonus as well.

Awesome! Guess they won't be getting even more money from me :p

• 2 weeks later...

As a $100 backer, it's unacceptable to be stuck with a key for the basic version on GOG.com. I should be entitled to a key for the Royal Edition, which is the closest equivalent to my tier. I hope the powers that be reconsider this.

Except that $100 wasn't going 100% to a copy of the game. It was going towards the other rewards in that tier plus padding.

If they didn't pad the tiers appropriately, they wouldn't be getting any money.

Basically, don't be that guy that cries "SCAM!" because they don't understand how money works.

Edited by Bryy