Workaround for adventurer stuck in attack animation?

wanderon

There's a bug that sends my adventurers guild Paladin into a constant attack animation when loading the game taking all control away from her regardless of what I try to do - I managed to get this stopped the last time it occurred but don't recall what I did - might have just loaded a different save successfully.

Anyone have an in-game workaround for this?

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

It's a bug with the Zealous Auras, I just moved my Paladin and deactivated it and it worked fine.

Absolutely retarded how you have to CAST the aura in combat now instead of just having it on all the time. So god damn annoying.

• Like 4

I think it's just an artificial combat action. Paladins suffer from a lack of combat options and actions to perform in combat. Solution? Let's make the auras Combat-only! Genius!

It's meaningless filler intended to make it seem like the Paladin has something to do once he's blown the 1 use of Flames of Devotion.

Auras should be passive and always on effects, there also should be no combat limitation.

Nothing should have a no-combat-limitation. It makes no sense at all.

Auras and modals being "Combat Only" make even less sense.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

I can't move the paladin when this is going on nor do any of his abilities work (by clicking them). I can go into inventory and switch weapons/armor whatever but it doesn't stop the stuck animation.

Got her to move - I think the custom formation I was using along with the crowded area in front of the bar at the inn may have contributed to the issue - (that I couldn't move her because she was "stuck" due to the others around her) altho even when the animation stopped I could not turn the aura off either so a combination of the two.

Earlier I had managed to move the rest of party (select all) and the paladin still remained stuck at the bar so that may not be the case either.

I'm not sure what causes the issues in crowded areas - the pathfinding or the amount of space each character needs (or both) but hopefully they are working on resolving this.

Edited by wanderon

The movement indicators are smaller than the selection circles (meaning that characters try and center on unpathable locations sometimes) and there are errors/endless loops in the method used to find the shortest path to a location.

Sorry, I should probably have given the solution, since we talked about the issue in the bug's section.

Just switch between clicking the ability and telling the paladin to move. Eventually he'll get unstuck.

Want to *really* wreck yourself? Pick two Auras on lvlup.

t50aJUd.jpg