Can "Slow" Mode be... slow?

Hey guys,

I don't spend as much time on these boards as I should, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in on the beta while I had the opportunity to be heard.  Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed/discussed!

I tried out the latest build and noticed I can press "S" for "slow mode" but when I press it while things are slower, they are still too fast for me to process all that's happening.  I played the crap out of stuff like Baldur's Gate and IWD, both when they came out and several times over the years, and for some reason PoE I have a harder time following the action and reacting accordingly.  Maybe I'm just getting old, or a maybe it's just being a little unfamiliar with the rules systems, or a bit of both?

I had hoped Slow Mode would be sort of like half or quarter speed, somewhat like the real-time pausable combat in the UFO games did.  To be honest, slow mode is fast enough that I played for awhile wondering "why do my guys walk a bit slower?" but not otherwise realizing I was even IN slow mode. 

Has this been addressed at all, or talked about?  Is there a way to toggle down to a third, "Super Slow" mode for old fogies like me who enjoy a tactical challenge but don't want to constantly pause the game ever half a second?  The action would be a lot more fun to watch as it unfolds slowly, I believe.

Also, since it was suggested on the comments of a YouTube video I recorded, I'll bring up an idea someone passed along to me - the ability to re-watch a battle that has occurred where the pausing isn't taken into account.  So every time you pause, the recording pauses, so if you re-watch it later you just see the action from start to finish.  I thought that was a nifty idea, so I'm bringing it up here.

Thanks for all the hard work!

-Scott

• Like 2

Are you sure you actually activated slow mode? Because slow mode to me seems really slow - as in slow motion slow.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It said "Slow Mode Activated" on the screen.  I'm not saying it is NOT slow or anyuthing, just that toggling between slow mode and regular mode there doesn't seem to be a difference.  There IS a difference, yes, but I feel like if you are offering a slow mode, make it SLOW not "a little slower".

Its slow enough for me. If you want it slower, just pause the game. There is no shame if you do.

Well, like I said above, I honestly feel like the action is moving swiftly enough that with so many party members as I have I'm pausing constantly, and am not able to do something like set up a strategy, assign commands to everyone, and unpause to watch my strategy come together because 1.2 seconds later I'm pausing again, and then ever 1.2 seconds after that.  If it's just me, though, maybe I just need to play some more to get used to it.  I have several friends who are big RPG gamers but all prefer turn-based games and they watched me playing and commented on how they couldn't follow what was happening very well, so for gamers such as these (let alone the unwashed masses) it's a shame the game is going to quickly for folks new to the genre to dive in.  Hopefully the full game, starting you off with just a few characters and smaller encounters, will be a better way to ease into the game and the mechanics.

I seldom use slow mode because it feels so very slow to me.  This could be a hard one for devs to fix since we have disagreement here.

It is easy to fix if slider is made that allows everyone to adjust slow factor to their liking.

good idea, somewhere in the options this should be available :)