Update #88: Final Sprint and... Release Date!

There is zero chance that there will be a public/open beta so close to launch. I would render a guess and say if the next update to the backer beta isn't the last one then at most there would be 1 more update after. There just isn't enough time to deal with the open beta and quite honestly, even if they were to release one tomorrow, it would not do much for them. They already no doubt have a huge list of bugs, glitches, balancing and overall polish they have to do for the game based off of their own testers and backer beta testers. They will not even get to a significant amount of those things before the game goes gold by the end of February so they have plenty of things to do without having a public/open beta to deal with.

I am very excited to play the game, so much so that I am trying to play BG:EE. Have never been able to play the Baldur's gate series, was just too much I did not know about the systems and everything. But I am so excited for PoE that I got BG:EE on my computer and smartphone so I have plenty to hold me over until release of PoE. Plus I will likely wait a couple of weeks until after release so they can release the first patch to deal with the issues they could not get to before release of the game + major issues that the general public discover on initial release.

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, "going gold" matters about as much as a fly in a snowstorm these days. They can keep polishing up until release (and, honestly, hopefully beyond). I would be surprised if there's no "day 1 patch" waiting for those that install with the discs, assuming that they actually manage to ship those discs on release, anyway.

Personally, I'm hoping for at least two more beta builds; one in a week or so, and another in early-to-mid-February, followed possibly by a release candidate shortly before release, preferably early March.

t50aJUd.jpg

Also going by update history, danielkx is right about two more beta versions. Each patch has taken at least three weeks, if not more, and devs don't usually do a beta version in the last few weeks, but it would be nice if they did.

I'd like to get some patches after the CPU and 3D Optimization passes have been made, so I actually get a good frame rate for a change.

Edited by Sensuki

For the moving thing, I don't see why we couldn't do something like that at some point. I am not sure where it fits into the overall bug fixing plan, though. I will make sure to talk it over with some folks.

I made a suggestion thread about this a while ago. Maybe I should submit an "issue" about it.

Please do. This can't have enough visibility--"army of clones" is so immersion breaking :(

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70048-392-issue-droid-army/

There you go - nudge NCarver in there to bring it up

• Like 1

All of the digital rewards that were backed/purchased can be redeemed through our Backer Portal. For example, if your digital tier has the digital soundtrack, you will be able to download all of the tracks from the Backer Portal when we have pushed those changes live.

I was just browsing through the addons in the backer portal. I've backed for the Digital Fun Pack and I was wondering what the difference between the included Digital Campaign Almanac and the buyable Digital Download of World Almanac is? Can someone shed some light on that for me?

IBdGcz0.png

decline.jpgnegativeman.png

NOOOO

That would have been the best bit. I love talking about that stuff.

Very much agreed!

Btw, Sensuki: Is your monitor calibrated? What meter did you use?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Nah it's not but I would really like to eventually calibrate my CRT monitors. My main monitor is an Alienware AW2310 120Hz gaming screen, not much point calibrating it.

Waiting for 27" 1440p 144Hz+ 8-10 bit color panel to come down in price :p

Just in time for my own birthday, not bad. Not bad at all...

Also IIRC Steam does not support FLAC downloads or something. At least when I got my Wasteland 2 Steam copy I only got MP3s, they had to set up a bandcamp link for people who had steam but wanted FLAC.

I smells BS... since I got my FLAC just fine from owning the Payday 2 soundtrack.

We are looking into creating variations on current portraits. We want to get in as many portraits as possible, but it takes a lot of time to do ones that are of a high quality level.

I don't own the beta, but remember from old vids toggling between several varieties of the same portrait before a new popped up. Which would be extrememly annoying in the end looking for one you want.

Is that still the case or is there a better system added of browsing through portraits, and the variations being a seperate step (or button or something) to make it flow just that much better?

Especially good to have the more portraits get added. And unlike some I do prefer more unique than more variations...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

We are looking into creating variations on current portraits. We want to get in as many portraits as possible, but it takes a lot of time to do ones that are of a high quality level.

I don't own the beta, but remember from old vids toggling between several varieties of the same portrait before a new popped up. Which would be extrememly annoying in the end looking for one you want.

Is that still the case or is there a better system added of browsing through portraits, and the variations being a seperate step (or button or something) to make it flow just that much better?

Especially good to have the more portraits get added. And unlike some I do prefer more unique than more variations...

Yes scrolling over portraits has always been tedious.

I know it's not the way IE games used to do it, BUT. Wouldn't it be easier if clicking the portrait would bring up a menu like this:

Texas-Holdem-King-Avatar-Selection-575x3

Surely that could be coded in easily, no?

Edited by Quantics
  • Like 1

It's double as annoying with the male and female portraits together, can't scroll right through without having to go through a whole other sex worth of portraits :/

Bit of a convenience compromise for inCluSiVEnEss that could be solved by just having the choice of a male or female portrait to begin with, and then cycle through them for easy browsing.

The Steam version will have DRM? You're sure about that? That'd pretty weird given the fact that Paradox' own games usually didn't use any DRM on Steam (e.g. Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis IV)...

And regional prizing is ok. That's how our world works. Prices should be consistent with your average income and the standard prices in your region/country. I think that's all right.

On a side note: will we be able in import own portraits for our own character (like e.g. in Wasteland 2)? That'd be pretty great. :)

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 1
35167v4.jpg

Question: Is it possible to purchase the individual DLC content once the game is released? I'm pre-ordered the Champion edition on GOG and when I found out that the Royal Edition offered the novella, the strategy guide, and so on, I wanted to upgrade to that instead but GOG said they're not sure if it's possible to upgrade so I wonder if I can still get the strategy guide, the novella, etc. by purchasing them individually once the game is out.

Thank you.

I always wait for the third patch so I get a more enjoyable playing experience. This will be sitting in my play queue for quite a few months after launch. Maybe by my birthday... :)

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It's double as annoying with the male and female portraits together, can't scroll right through without having to go through a whole other sex worth of portraits :/

That has to be a bug, right?

The Steam version will have DRM? You're sure about that? That'd pretty weird given the fact that Paradox' own games usually didn't use any DRM on Steam (e.g. Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis IV)...

I though it was required for the achievements system. But I see EU IV has achievs. Can you run the .exe without running Steam? (cause the DRM is Steam, not something ontop of that)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Seriously? You're lying right?

^