Update #88: Final Sprint and... Release Date!

Any specifics off the top of your head? :)

Lots of little things that we knew about. Polish stuff can sometimes be pushed to the back throughout development.

A larger change is going to be a revision to the grimoire UI. People were very confused, so we are going to take another pass at it.

Any chance you could have a couple of different Art styles for the Grimoire Icon (Even if it's just a different coloured stripe) at the moment I can't tell them apart once I've a couple in the quick slots. Or allow us to name them so when we hover the mouse over the icon we see the custom name in a tool tip?

It's make it a lot easier for me to tell apart my AoE spell book from my, single target or Buffs spell books if each had at least some minor visual difference.

Obviously they're releasing it a day after my birthday because I'm their favorite customer.

In your face, everyone else.

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

That are awesome news ;D I'm really looking forward to play it from the very beginning. Hopefully the game will be as successfull as possible.

I'm eager to see how the combat plays out in the final version of the game. Last time I played the beta it was a bit too fast and visually messy.

Guest Darkwish

When is the game release

What happens in  Backer portal's open orders

Response wait from backer (Pay or cancel) or All open order cancel?

Can I pay to open order after game release and receive the physical rewards

Thanks and I'm sorry for my English

Well after the huge delay with Wasteland 2's physical boxes, I think many backers will be happy if they don't take as long as that :p

We are going to try to hit the release date exactly (or as closely as possible). Boxes are in production as we speak.

Will boxes go out from Sweden (per Paradox) or how does that work? Since I added international shipping, I'm wondering (I'm in Sweden)... I assume no change is needed there?

Paradox should be distributing from Europe and the U.S.. I am not sure about the exact shipping locations, though.

• Like 1

Any specifics off the top of your head? original.gif

Lots of little things that we knew about. Polish stuff can sometimes be pushed to the back throughout development.

A larger change is going to be a revision to the grimoire UI. People were very confused, so we are going to take another pass at it.

Ah yeah. While not really a "Kaz" UI issue: Attack Speeds/Recovery times in sec/msec would be very handy too

I will bring it up to folks.

• Like 2

Well after the huge delay with Wasteland 2's physical boxes, I think many backers will be happy if they don't take as long as that :p

We are going to try to hit the release date exactly (or as closely as possible). Boxes are in production as we speak.

Will boxes go out from Sweden (per Paradox) or how does that work? Since I added international shipping, I'm wondering (I'm in Sweden)... I assume no change is needed there?

Paradox should be distributing from Europe and the U.S.. I am not sure about the exact shipping locations, though.

If they ship from Sweden, I'll have my copy within 2 days.

Any specifics off the top of your head? :)

Any chance you could have a couple of different Art styles for the Grimoire Icon (Even if it's just a different coloured stripe) at the moment I can't tell them apart once I've a couple in the quick slots. Or allow us to name them so when we hover the mouse over the icon we see the custom name in a tool tip?

It's make it a lot easier for me to tell apart my AoE spell book from my, single target or Buffs spell books if each had at least some minor visual difference.

Kaz is creating a few different grimoire icons. That should help out a little bit with the confusion. 

• Like 4

When is the game release

What happens in  Backer portal's open orders

Response wait from backer (Pay or cancel) or All open order cancel?

Can I pay to open order after game release and receive the physical rewards

Thanks and I'm sorry for my English

After release we will not be able to send out any additional physical copies that were pledged from the Kickstarter (or Slacker Backer). Most likely those orders will be cancelled.

• Like 1

Kaz is creating a few different grimoire icons. That should help out a little bit with the confusion.

Most of the unique weapons are sharing icons with the Fine or Exceptional icon type of that weapon, will they end up getting unique icons too? (I know there's a lot of weapons though).

• Like 1

Let me just take the time and really thank you, BAdler, for sticking around the thread, throwing some feedback, or even just talking a bit. It is well and truly appreciated, and as a part-time cynic with a more than bitter streak, I feel it was important to actually say that.

Credit where credit is due, you're awesome, and I know that I and others really appreciate it. Thank you.

• Like 8

t50aJUd.jpg

Most of the unique weapons are sharing icons with the Fine or Exceptional icon type of that weapon, will they end up getting unique icons too? (I know there's a lot of weapons though).

Most of these should get unique icons.

• Like 6

'49'ers guy' apparently doesn't know A)  his team didn't make the playoffs  B)  their coach quit  C)  Montana is selling life insurance.  That slap of reality only seems to add to the awkwardness of this meeting vid.  You can cut the fear with a knife in that room. 

In other news, I'm very excited to see the game coming together.  

(Go Packers!)

Edited by Chaos Theory

Why do you have liquid soap int he middle of the table?

Or is it goblin moisturizer? :S

lol.

I'm guessing it's the gel hand sanitizer stuff that's so popular these days, not soap, per se. I can't stand the stuff, dries my skin like mad.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Let me just take the time and really thank you, BAdler, for sticking around the thread, throwing some feedback, or even just talking a bit. It is well and truly appreciated, and as a part-time cynic with a more than bitter streak, I feel it was important to actually say that.

Credit where credit is due, you're awesome, and I know that I and others really appreciate it. Thank you.

I don't get to spend as much time on the forums as I would like, but updates are a great time to answer people's lingering questions.

• Like 4

'49'ers guy' apparently doesn't know A)  his team didn't make the playoffs  B)  their coach quit  C)  Montana is selling life insurance.  That slap of reality only seems to add to the awkwardness of this meeting vid.  You can cut the fear with a knife in that room. 

In other news, I'm very excited to see the game coming together.  

(Go Packers!)

The 49ers may not have made the playoffs, but they have owned the Packers over the past few years.

Also, the Packers wouldn't have made the playoffs if they had to play in the NFC West. Have fun getting trounced by the Seahawks.

Fan>

• Like 3

Portraits is another area that could use always use more, but probably takes quite a while to produce. What's the plan there? (Can always add more down the line too I guess, plus there's custom portrait support).

Portraits is another area that could use always use more, but probably takes quite a while to produce. What's the plan there? (Can always add more down the line too I guess, plus there's custom portrait support).

We are looking into creating variations on current portraits. We want to get in as many portraits as possible, but it takes a lot of time to do ones that are of a high quality level.

• Like 2