Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter is UP!

Sensuki

Sucks there's no pre-load, but, judging by the previous games, the DL size should be fairly manageable.  Sadly, I have to wait until I get home from work, some 3 1/2 - 4 hours after this releases, to even start downloading it. #FirstWorldProblems

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bah, I still have to finish my SRR campaign, I stalled waiting for the "save anywhere" feature but all the patches inbetween seem to have broken my savegame beyond repair. Total bummer as I was quite a ways in...

Edited by marelooke

Nice soundtrack, though 'Whistleblower' sounds like jamming to me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Will get this eventually I liked Dragonfall and Dead Man's Switch (well except for the final fights in DMS).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Will get this eventually I liked Dragonfall and Dead Man's Switch (well except for the final fights in DMS).

I don't like the final fights on either of the games, but that's because I dislike CRPG mechanics.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Dang, not even an hour in and **** just got real.

sh-t-just-got-real-o.gif

I liked Carter too, and that's rare for me to say about an elf.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, the deadly old Chinese lady I was expecting is there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like it so far. It is fairly simple but bad positioning can get punished.

I've completed the intro mission, the initiation mission (without a shot!) and a first real Shadowrun mission (gardens). It is fun but i feel I F.. up my street samurai by giving him SMG and Blades... Probably should have given Rifle and a Blade... i was thinking of giving him a melee implant but i need to carefully plan the points distribution and i have no idea how many are in the game...

Dang, not even an hour in and **** just got real.

sh-t-just-got-real-o.gif

I liked Carter too, and that's rare for me to say about an elf.

Yep. It's a very promising start.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Zoning out at the long dialouges at times but I like it so far.  They could have had some of the background play out on other media, like bigscreens and radio. Give short non interactive speech bubbles to random cityfolk, you know, showing rather than telling all the time.

Haven't used my gun since the prolouge which is refreshing. Looks like a high etiquette build is a viable option. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I was caught a little off guard at just how rough a battle the game throws you into almost immediately.  I mean, I got through it with no casualties first try, but things did get a little hairy.  I just wasn't expecting to have my feet put to the fire so early.  Anyway, my build is an ork mage who carries a shotgun.  I do magey stuff from a distance and if enemies charge my position to engage in melee, I give em a taste of the ol' buckshot.  I thought about doing mage/physical adept and just kicking people in the face instead of using a shotgun for the close combat stuff, but then I would have to spread my karma out across 4 stats rather than 3 (body, strength, quickness, willpower) and would likely wind up sacrificing either some body or quickness to get my strength up.  I decided to stick with the mage/shotty build since it lets me focus on 3 stats (body, quickness, willpower).  I put 4 points into charisma to get 2 etiquettes (I went with Shadowrunner and Academic), but I won't be touching that stat again; I'm not a shaman and 2 etiquettes seems like enough for 1 playthrough.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸